4.2 Global Blocks Broken

Hi all,

Just a note to say that when installing v4.2 today it has changed all my global blocks to be named like so:

Used to be:

They used to be just random numbers and therefore all the content that they link to now doesn’t work.

I’ve gone through all of this current site and fixed it for me, but I won’t be able to upgrade some of my other sites until this issue is resolved or an auto-correcting bit of code is put in there.

Thanks, Tom.

Hi Tom,

We added that to help with identifying global blocks but it should still work based on the IDs. When you’re editing a Global Block you can see the ID in the address bar. I’ve double checked this and both the name and id method of retrieving shortcodes should work. The id is more for backward compatibility at this point but will always work.

Did you have issues of Global Blocks not being retrieved at all? Let me know if you have an example of this that I can check out and I’ll take a closer look.

Thanks for confirming Alex.

This issue was actually to do with a Dropdown bug that I have since logged.

The issue I thought was the GB not loading in the Dropdowns because of the name change - but after a fresh look this morning it is a bug with Load- reset on element toggle - see my post here: Bug with Dropdowns in 4.2 - Beta - Themeco Forum

This can be closed now.

Thanks, Tom.

Ok, thanks for letting us know, Tom.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.