2 sites out of 7 sites updated to 6.4.1 so far with errors

When i update to the latest version of Pro 6.4.1 all pages seems to display another unformated html copy of the content including images below the formated content.
I have had 2 sites out of 7 so far do this.
Sensibly I did do staging sites first. The fix was to open each page in cornerstone and save the page. The extra content then dissapeared.
And luckily they were both small sites with a few pages. I will hold off doing my larger sites until this is fixed as it will be a pain to open and save a lot of pages.

1 Like

Hi @etah,

Thanks for reaching out.
It is not very clear what exact problem you are facing. I would request you share the site details in the secure note where you are having that issue.

Thanks

Hi @Tristup
I have added details for 3 staging sites with errors, I did also update the live sites (before restoring to old version) and got exactly the same errors. Please note these are not the only 3 sites with errors so far i have had about 6 so far with varying amounts of page errors.
Note: Each page with errors seems to have duplicate unformatted content at the bottom of the page content
Iain

Hi @etah,

I have tried to check your staging sites, but it seems that the folder-level restriction has been added to that site. And the given credentials do not work on that. I would suggest you share those credentials too, for further investigation.

Thanks

Oh! I am so sorry… I got the username wrong in all cases. I have updated the credentials in the secure note… Please try again.

Also I have a working theory on why this is happening. every page with errors has a classic element on it. such as classic row and creative CTA, that’s why the BR site has so many pages with errors it has the creative cta element at the bottom of a lot of pages. And NOTE the get in touch page is ok as it doesn’t have any classic elements. Might be worth you having a look at this.

Hello Etah,

Please provide us access to the WP dashboard so we can check the page element settings. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Details as requested. Please remember this is not just happening on one site but many. And i can fix each page with errors simply by logging into the cornerstone page editor and saving the page there. It’s just time consuming on larger sites. I am also slightly concerned that it seems to be happening to me alone.
I have also added another site credentials that has the same problems after updating to latest version.

Hey @etah,

It looks like this is a bug. The solution is to re-save (even without editing) the pages. I believe that is not feasible to re-save numerous pages though so the best thing to do right now is to contact your web host to revert your site from a backup when you used the previous version.

Luckily, I tested first on Staging sites, so live sites are unaffected,
I presume this bug will be fixed in the next round of updates?

I updated the BR site to 6.4.2 on my staging site (details above) and I am still getting the duplicate content, The bug is NOT Fixed!!!
Interesting question. If I update to this version on sites I did fix after the last round of errors will they break again. I hope not.

Any news regarding fixing this Bug yet?

Hi @etah,

My colleague has already reported this issue, and our development team is looking into it. But, unfortunately, there has been no news on this till now.

Thanks

As you know this is a layout breaking bug so I hope its getting some sort of priority. Im holding off upgrading all my sites until its fixed. Its 10 days since i first reported this.

Hey Etah,

Our development team is actively engaged in further exploration of the reported issue. We sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding as we work diligently to address and resolve this matter.

Thank you.

This appears to be fixed now. Thanks all.

You are most welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.