2 Questions about sidebars and templates

Hello Team,

I am very happy with this theme after i got past the learning curve. I have 2 questions regarding my set up.

  1. How would i go about adding sidebars and advertisements to the Home page, category page, etc? I am editing with cornerstone and wpbakery for some of them.
    - For custom sidebars that are good looking, what do you recommend?

  2. How would i be able to create a post template that saves these sidebars and templates so i can go to —> create a new post, click the template i have created, add content, and then it can look like my other posts with the same template?

These would be life savers for me! thanks guys.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in!

1.) You can create a custom sidebar in Appearance > Sidebars. And after that, you may assign this sidebar in your homepage and other category pages. The advertisements and other contents of the sidebar can be added by using a text widget in Appearance > Widgets. Category pages cannot be edited in Cornerstone. To have a sidebar in category pages and other archive pages, you must set your global Content Layout in X > Launch > Options > Layout & Design as “Sidebar Left Content Right” or “Content Left Sidebar Right”.

2.) If you have set the Global Content Layout to have a sidebar, you do not need a post template because when you create a post it will automatically display the assigned sidebar.

Hope this make sense.

I would just like the template to be in my posts, not my home page or anywhere else. Would I just have to do this while creating the post?

Can I edit the side-bars in the dashboard area? I don’t like the look of the default one when I clicked global content left sidebar right. Any tips on how to not let it conflict with Revolution slider that i have on my homepage?

Hi,

To change the layout of your posts only, you can add the code below in your child theme’s functions.php file

function add_sidebar_post($layout) {  
   if(is_singular('post')) {      
       $layout = "content-sidebar";
   }
  return $layout;
}

add_filter('x_option_x_layout_content', 'add_sidebar_post',9999);

Hope this helps

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.