2 Blog pages - one not showing the sidebar

Dear Themeco

I hope I can explain this issue I’m having.

I basically require 2 Blog pages - One is ‘News’, the other is ‘James’ Blog’. I want each page to only show the relevant category, have a set number of posts per page (so that you can then click through to page 2,3,4 etc) and each page to have the standard sidebar I have set in the Widgets.

The problem I am having is 3 fold. When I click on the .co.uk/our-news page I have these problems:

  • There is no sidebar
  • All posts appear - not just the individual category

However, when I click on the menu link, it take me to a …co.uk/category/news/. This page however displays as I want.

The ‘James’ Blog’ page is the one I cannot suss out.

The …co.uk/james-blog appear as such. No posts are visible and I cannot select on the page options to display the James posts:

However, the …co.uk/category/james/ page shows the correct category posts (no ‘News’ posts), but does not display the sidebar, nor does it put the 10th, 11th, 12th etc post onto a page 2,3,etc.

I really hopes this makes sense. I will include the login details in a secure note for you to take a look.

I am so nearly finished on this job, but this last thing is quite a major element of the site. I hope you can help - you’ve been amazing so far.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ali

Ignore that last issue with the 10th post not being on page 2 - I have noticed that the category pages are set to display 10 posts. I have added a test post to take the total to 11 and this appears on a second page - apologies for any confusion caused here.

That said, I want each page to only display 9 posts by default. Can you assist with this as well?

Hi There,

You could use one of our Addons The Grid or essential Grid to create a post grid which you can select as a source the specific category select the number of columns and number of posts to be displayed.

You can then create a normal page in Cornerstone and add the shortcode to raw code element or use The Grid or Essential Grid Element.

Hope it helps

Hi Joao

Thanks for this. Is there no CSS or setting I have missed to simply add the sidebar and change the amount of posts on a page to 9? I have had a look at the grid, but it is not really the style I want.

Regards,

Ali

Hi again.

Looking through the forums, it appears others have had this issue. I think I have gone about explaining it in a rather confused manner.

Essentially all the settings for the category/james page are correct - it is just that the sidebar is not showing (Customizer is set to content left/sidebar right) . I also just want 9 posts per page not 10.

Hopefully this will clarify.

Regards,

Ali

Hello Ali,

Thanks for updating in!

1.) To change the amount of posts on a page to 9, you will have to go to Settings > Reading > Blog pages show at most and insert 9 instead of 10 which is the default.

2.) There is no css needed. The sidebar is not showing because you created a custom sidebar and assigned it to jame’s Blog. It is just not displaying because it is empty. I have un assign the sidebar and now the main sidebar is already showing.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

Dear RueNel

Apologies for the delay in responding - I have been away on holiday.

I knew it would be something obvious that I was missing.

You have sorted - thank you so much. A great start to the week back from holiday!!

This site is pretty much there now. I want to thank you and the rest of the Themeco team for your superb support through this build - it is really appreciated.

Best wishes,

Ali.

Hey Ali,

You’re most welcome! We are just glad we were able to help you out.
Thanks for letting us know that it has worked for you.

All the best.