Navigation
This is archived content. Visit our new forum.

Tagged: 

• Author

mike-moonray
    Participant

I’m starting work on a new clients site, and I’m running into an issue with WP-Property preventing Cornerstone from loading properly.

When WP-Property is active, editing a page in Cornerstone causes it to redirect from the ?cornerstone=1 url to ?cornerstone_preview=1. This page doesn’t have any editing tools and is just a straight preview.

When WP-Property is active I get the following error in the console prior to the page redirecting, which doesn’t appear when the plugin is deactivated.

TypeError: Argument 1 of MutationObserver.observe is not an object.
    ...out(c,50),void j++}f=a.twemoji,i=!0,h&&new h(function(a){for(var b,c,f,g,h=a.len...
    http://domain.com/wp-includes/js/wp-emoji-release.min.js?ver=4.5

Firebug highlights the &&new section in that error as well, specifically the “e” in “new”. Don’t know if that’s any help to you.

Rue Nel

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! Would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look and fix the issue? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation. Once you have provided us with your URL, we will be happy to assist you with everything.

To do this, you can make a post with the following info:
    – Link to your site

– WordPress Admin username / password

Don’t forget to select Set as private reply. This ensures your information is only visible to our staff.

Thank you.

mike-moonray
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

mike-moonray
    Participant

Visual Composer also has the same behavior.

The Visual Composer loading page begins to load, but then an empty preview of the page is what is loaded.

Additionally, the issues with Cornerstone and Visual Composer occurs in both Firefox and Chrome.

Jack
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Thanks for writing back, it’s very possible that WP-properties is using an older jQuery version or registering it’s own. In WordPress 4.5, the jQuery version was changed, did this issue happen pre-WordPress 4.5 as well?

Could you send me the WP-Property plugin please to info(at)theme.co to see if I can replicate on a local install. Please mark for the attention of Jack. I’ll then do some further debugging on a local install and see what’s happening here.

Thanks!

mike-moonray
    Participant

Hi Jack.

I’ve emailed you the plugins as you asked. This was a fresh install of WP 4.5 and X, so I don’t know if the issue existed before the update.

I just got a response back from WP-Property’s support team.

I commented out the following lines in wp-property/static/scripts/wpp.global.js if you do not have their add-on facebook tabs.

if ( top === self ) {
    //not in a frame
    } else {
    //in a frame
    if( typeof window.wpp === 'object' &&
    typeof window.wpp.instance === 'object' &&
    typeof window.wpp.instance.iframe_enabled !== 'undefined' &&
    window.wpp.instance.iframe_enabled === true ) {
    // ignore. Application allows to be used in iframe
    } else {
    top.location.href = document.location.href;
    }
    }

Commenting that out seems to have fixed the problem with Cornerstone and Visual Composer.

Lely

Hi There,

Thank you for updating us. If this fixed the issue this is a WP property plugin conflict .
    Do let us know if you still have question.

Always,
    X