Navigation
This is archived content. Visit our new forum.
  • Author

ngrhd
    Participant

Hi there!

Is it safe to use that SEO plugin and Google Analytics by Yoast?

Thanks

Christian

Hey Hardik,

Thanks for writing in. So far it doesn’t cause any problem. Just don’t insert GA code in the Customizer’s JS box if you’ll use that plugin.

Before and after installing and activating the plugin, please check your website if there are problems as we don’t support third party scripts and plugins conflicts with X.

Hope that helps. 🙂

Silvia C
    Participant

Hi, I installed Yoast WordPress SEO and I’ve not quite understood whether Google Analytics is already in that plug-in or if I have to install it aside (by putting the GA code in the Javascript area of Custom) – in which case, though, you advise not to insert the GA code in the Customizer’s JS box… Ehm! I’m a bit puzzled!
    Silvia
    http://pantarei.wpengine.com

Support

Hi Silvia,

If you use third party plugin then don’t put Google Analytics code in Custom JS option in Customizer.

Hope that helps.

Thanks

cgWerks
    Participant

This is an old thread, so probably solved by the OP already… but basically you need:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/google-analytics-for-wordpress/

If you want to use Yoast’s Analytics solution. Or, use some other plugin to add the Google Analytics code to your site (or do it manually… or maybe via X theme, though I haven’t tried that). The Google field in Yoast SEO plugin is for authenticating your site to Google Webmaster Tools.

Rad

Thanks for the suggestion CGWerks 🙂

ngrhd
    Participant

Hi once more!

Is it recommended to ditch Google Analytics by Yoast https://wordpress.org/plugins/google-analytics-for-wordpress/ since you’ve already introduced a Google Analytics Extension.

My main motive to use that plugin is to block all the clicks done by the administrator himself on his website. Does your own homegrown extension provides this facility?

Thanks!

Rad

Hi Hardik,

Our analytics extension is mainly a basic one. It’s optional and you can always use your preferred plugin. Just be sure that they aren’t enabled at once.

Thanks!

cgWerks
    Participant

Hey everyone, I’d probably second what Hardik N is saying above… to at least implement a feature to exclude the admin user logged in, as this is a very common thing to want to do. If users need more than that, then yes, I’d just go with Yoast’s solution or some other one.

IMO, excluding the logged-in admin should probably be a default setting… so certainly a feature you’d want to add to your extension if possible.

Darshana

Hi there,

We certainly appreciate your feedback which helps us to improve our the continuously. I have added this as a feature request, so that our development team can review it for a future release.

Thank you!

hype
    Participant

Is there an update as to when this feature might be added?

Darshana

@hype

I’m sorry but we cannot provide any ETA as our developers working on other priority requests.

Thanks!

joerare
    Participant

Every time I use an SEO plugin, if I update the information on the page settings (below the visual editor and where the cornerstone button is), it breaks the cornerstone edits.

Meaning, if I use an SEO plugin that allows me to manually choose the keywords, the page titles, etc. then it reverts the page to “html” or I would say “non-cornerstone” design and therefore breaks everything I’ve added and built in the cornerstone editor.

How do I get around this? It seems cornerstone isn’t compatible with Yoast SEO or even All-in-one SEO.

Please advise…because I’m about to quit using X for all of my sites and my clients sites. I’ve bought 19 licenses in the past year for myself and on behalf of my clients. I’m getting set to buy more, but I’d appreciate a fix to this. It’s important.

Lely

Hello Joe,

We’re sorry you’re having this issue. Please note that Cornerstone page content can’t be edited outside it. Editing this page using TEXT or VISUAL tab will break the serialized data and you can’t edit it back in Cornerstone.

Would you mind clarifying why do you have to switch to TEXT or Visual tab? What are the edits you’re doing? To help you better, please do give us access on a private reply, then give us the link of a post or page where you did this update and what kind of update.

Always,
    X

joerare
    Participant

I’m not using the text or visual editor, I’m only using the page settings that sit below the editor window. So, below the editor window, there is a section to add meta data, titles, etc. As soon as I update those and then update the page, cornerstone breaks the page.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.