Navigation
This is archived content. Visit our new forum.
  • Author

luciano c
    Participant

Hi there
    I’m trying to make a custom page template to show a specific category in a specific page (not using the “categories” page, because that option doesn’t allow me to use slider nor custom sidebars). So I created that template, but I can’t figure out in which directory I need to copy it. I’m working with a child theme of Integrity. I’ve tried to put it inside the framework/views/integrity folder of the parent theme, the same on the child theme, even in the main X folder with the other templates, but WP doesn’t recognize it (it doesn’t show on the template dropdown menu),

Can you guide me on this?

thanks!

luciano

Cousett

two locations for theme files:

childtheme/template-custom.php
    childtheme/views/integrity/template-custom.php

look at template-blank-1.php in X folder for the format for your childtheme/template-custom.php format:

<?php

// =============================================================================
    // TEMPLATE NAME: Blank - Container | Header, Footer
    // -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    // A blank page for creating unique layouts.
    //
    // Content is output based on which Stack has been selected in the Customizer.
    // To view and/or edit the markup of your Stack's index, first go to "views"
    // inside the "framework" subdirectory. Once inside, find your Stack's folder
    // and look for a file called "template-blank-1.php," where you'll be able to
    // find the appropriate output.
    // =============================================================================

?>

<?php x_get_view( x_get_stack(), 'template', 'blank-1' ); ?>

This tutorial might also be helpful – http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-themes/how-to-create-category-templates-in-wordpress/

I hope this helps.

cr33ksid3
    Participant

nevermind. 😉

Rad

Okay 🙂 thanks!

Angela Stucky
    Participant

Hi, I am trying to create a custom template so that I can display specific category posts in the design of my choice.

I duplicated the files mentioned above:
    childtheme/template-custom.php
    childtheme/views/integrity/template-custom.php

and customized them. So far, so good.
    However, I don’t have FTP access.
    There is a place in Cornerstone where it says upload template, but so far I’m getting “Uh oh! Template not formatted correctly!” even if I use the default blank-1 templates.

Am I doing this right?

Friech

Hi There,

Sorry, but the template that the original poster is referring here, is the page layout template.

screenshot

While the Cornerstone template is a page content template, hope that make sense. So, uploading a page layout template to Cornerstone would not work. You need to upload the template files with FTP or File manager on your Cpanel.

Hope this shed some lights. Cheers!