Navigation
This is archived content. Visit our new forum.
  • Author

Kyle
    Keymaster

Part of the power of Cornerstone is the templating system built in, and we are excited to begin taking submissions from the Themeco Community. If you have created a compelling Page or Block, we would love to have you share them with us so that we can share them with the Themeco Community. Please read through the following notes about submitting your Page and Block Templates then head on over to the form listed at the bottom to get started.

– We want these Templates (Pages and Blocks) to be something of significant substance, so we’re looking for creative layouts and implementations of shortcodes. If a template is simply a row with two columns of text, this is an example of something that we wouldn’t be looking for, but if you’re doing unique things with layout, design, and content, we definitely want to see that.

– All submissions must be styled to look good across all screen resolutions (i.e. responsive). If a submission is not styled to look polished across all screen sizes, we may ask you to redo it or alter it or not use it at all.

– Please send us a full-size screenshot of your submissions along with the template file so that we can see a quick preview of what the block is supposed to look like.

– Make sure that you’ve attached your .csl file downloaded from the “Templates” section of the “Layout” pane in the builder.

– If you’re implementing images in your template, we recommend utilizing a service like http://placehold.it/ for images in your content to act as placeholders. You can utilize this serve to customize the colors of the placeholder, the placeholder size, and even the text inside if desired to help match your design. For background images we recommend using http://placehold.it/ still and creating a placeholder that closely matches the colors of your desired image. If you’re utilizing a simple background pattern, you can convert it to a data URI with a service like http://duri.me/ and implement that as the URL source instead. This is all to ensure that image content is transferred appropriately when uploading into a new installation.

– We will not necessarily be distributing every Template that is submitted as it will need to be reviewed by Themeco first (and we may need to make edits), but we do want to begin the process by inviting customers to share their custom creations!

– We would prefer no custom CSS, JavaScript, or Responsive Text on the Settings page at this time. If you need to make styling updates, you are certainly welcome do this via the advanced inputs for each element (i.e. inline styles) to create some very cool and tailored templates.

The time period for submissions is over, but if you come across this topic and would like to contribute, feel free to email us.

CharliePryor
    Participant

BOOM! Thanks!

Manny Costales
    Participant

Excellent!
    You guys rock!

fish
    Participant

Thanks for all the hard work……….

VisitWhanganui
    Participant

Great work guys – seriously excellent theme

Burt R
    Participant

Most excellent idea!
    Great Stuff

griftim
    Participant

Great stuff!

CharliePryor
    Participant

Whipped something up to try this out… Wonder if I did it right. – Probably too simple for this template program. maybe not. – Looking forward to seeing what others have to share!

Charlie

DebLiz
    Participant

@charliepryor – I love your design! The way the content is separated with the circular elements looks great! My favorite part, though? The way you presented your percentage charts… I’ve been hesitant for some time to even consider using the animated percentage graphs – I just kept thinking “why would I want to show my weaknesses?” (70% proficiency in SEO & 95% proficiency in WordPress design for example) – sort of screams “I can’t handle SEO!” Lol…

But the way you’ve done it (first I’ve seen for the record) – you can’t lose!

I’m very impressed. Great job & thanks for sharing! 🙂

CharliePryor
    Participant

Thanks @debliz, I’m not really sure what you’re referring to as far as percentage charts (because Theme.co’s demo has the exact same thing), but I appreciate the feedback! I guess it’s reinforcement that it looks good. 😛
    ——

– Just submitted two more simple ones (they mirror each other). In-line styles might be the only reason people would want to use them (transparency, as well as the rounded corners.

Thanks for hosting this Theme.co

Charlie

peacefulbirder
    Participant

Where do we go to see the submitted templates? I re-read the post above, but couldn’t find that information.

@charliepryor, I agree with @debliz, your website looks great! I’m not only impressed, but you’ve given me useful ideas for design.

n2outlaw
    Participant

When Cornerstone was released. I asked for this and you said it couldn’t be done. Well thanks for finding away to make this possible 🙂

Kyle
    Keymaster

Peacefulbirder – We are simply inviting people to submit templates now. We will make another update in the future when they are available to the public (will be several weeks), we simply wanted to begin the process now.

n2outlaw – This has been on the table from the beginning and was in one of my initial replies a couple days after Cornerstone was released that Community Templates would be part of the process. Not sure where you were told otherwise, but apologies for any confusion.

n2outlaw
    Participant

@kyle – I posted this May 27th:

https://community.theme.co//forums/topic/cornerstone-release/page/4/#post-283419

And the reply was:

n2outlaw, Regarding pages and blocks, you can save your own by clicking “Save” then “To Library” Currently there isn’t a way to extend this.

https://community.theme.co//forums/topic/cornerstone-release/page/5/#post-283597

I’m just glad it’s being done and added. Maybe you can add another drop down or text color for public releases. If it gets to big over time. Maybe you can add a download section (categorized) in the Knowledge Base section with previews.

Or, in Cornerstone, maybe add two drop downs for both Pages and Blocks:

I like this idea better.

Pages:
    (1st drop down) Category: Sales Pages, Pricing Plans, etc. (if I picked Sales Page Category)
    (2nd drop down) Sales Page 1, Sales Page 2, Sales Page 3, etc.

Then you don’t have to scroll though 100’s of things you’re not looking for.

and the same for Blocks…

Kyle
    Keymaster

Ah ok…sorry for the confusion.

With regards to the presentation, we will be re-evaluating the best way to display what could end up being a lot of templates. Nothing to report on yet, but the presentation of Templates will most likely end up looking a little different from an interface standpoint.