Navigation
This is archived content. Visit our new forum.

Tagged: 

• Author

is_33
    Participant

Hi,

There are shortcodes available in Renew that are not available when I am using Cornerstone. Example: Content Band and Popovers & Tooltips. How can I use these shortcodes when I’m editing a page in Cornerstone?

Thanks.

John Ezra

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in! There are no elements for Content Band and Popovers & Tooltips. This is because these functions are integrated into element options.

Content Band shortcode is for adding background color, image, pattern, or video to a content band. In Cornerstone, content bands are now called sections.

Sections in the inspector panel will give you the same options when you click on the background buttons. When click new options will appear.

Section Backgrounds

Popovers & Tool-tips shortcode is integrated into relevant elements like images and buttons. You will find and Info Dropdown that enables these options.

Info Dropdown

If you need to use this shortcode on text links, you can still copy and paste the shortcode in a text element.

Hope this helps – thanks!

is_33
    Participant

As a rule, is there a way to use shortcodes when you’re editing a page with Cornerstone? I know you gave me the example of using shortcodes with a text element. Is there a way to insert shortcodes in other areas of the page? Or is there an element that allows for insertion of shortcodes? Or, is the idea that Cornerstone renders the use of shortcodes unnecessary?

I’m still a little unclear on this. Thanks for the additional clarity.

Christian

Regretfully, no. You can add a shortcode in a Text Element only as it is the regular WordPress editor inside Cornerstone.

Thanks.