Navigation
This is archived content. Visit our new forum.

Tagged: 

• Author

Bowe
    Participant

For my website http://www.gitaarduo.nl I am working with Cornerstone. Works great on the homepage, but when other pages are published, the cornerstone editing menu disappears and you cannot edit the page.

After some research and forum reading, I found out that the problem is in de permalinks. If I set this to standard, it works again and I can edit the pages. But then I have silly non SEO URL’s.

I have read some things about this, but until now I have seen no solution that I understand. Could anybody be so kind to tell me as simply as possible what I have to do to solve the problem. Much appreciated!

Jade

Hi there,

Would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? To do this, you can make a post with the following info:

– Link to your site
    – WordPress Admin username / password
    – FTP credentials

Don’t forget to select Set as private reply. This ensures your information is only visible to our staff.

Bowe
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Christian

Hey Bowe,

I’ve published a test page in your site and Cornerstone editing menu did not disappear. Would you giving us a screen recording so we could see what’s happening on your end?

Thanks.

Bowe
    Participant

Hi Christian, at the homepage I see the cornerstone screen, on all other pages I don’t.

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Rue Nel

Hello There,

Thank you for the clarifications. I have investigated the issue further and it turns out that it is caused by your .htaccess entry. You added added this line:

RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?page=$1 [L]

Temporarily, I commented out this line. And guess what, you can now edit the page or any page in your site.
    http://prntscr.com/eqn4jx

If you need anything else, please let us know.

Bowe
    Participant

Oh thank you so much!! Greatly appreciated!

Rue Nel

Hey There,

You’re welcome! We are just glad we were able to help you out.
    If you need anything else we can help you with, don’t hesitate to open another thread.

Cheers.