Navigation
This is archived content. Visit our new forum.
  • Author

fmbm
    Participant

Hi, I just installed Users Ultra on my site and currently have your Under Construction plugin activated as I build the site. Once I had Users Ultra configured I logged out to test the new login page and realized that I’m unable to login, as /wp-admin redirecting to /login can’t display passed the Under Construction Page. How can I log back into my site?

Christopher

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in! It sounds like you might be having an issue with a third party plugin or script. Regretfully, we cannot provide support for third party plugins or scripts as our support policy in the sidebar states due to the fact that there is simply no way to account for all of the potential variables at play when using another developer’s plugin or script. Because of this, any questions you have regarding setup, integration, or troubleshooting any piece of functionality that is not native to X will need to be directed to the original developer.

Thank you for your understanding.

fmbm
    Participant

Hi, thank you for the response. I get that, but the issue is really more with your plugin not recognizing the login page because it seems like its only set to pick up on ‘/wp-admin’. You guys don’t have a way around this?

Thai

Hi There,
    You can deactivate these plugins via FTP Account.
    After login to your FTP via the FTP clients software (like FileZilla, …), then navigate to /wp-content/plugins/, after that rename both folders related to Under Construction + Users Ultra plugin.
    Hope it helps.

fmbm
    Participant

Hi, Thanks for the feedback, and yes that’s what I ended up doing. Thanks!

Nico

You’re most welcome.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Cheers!

cjdrocks
    Participant

I had the same problem, I was just playing with the plug-in and it cost me about 1 hr of wasted time. Great theme but not fond of this plugin

Rad

Hi there,

There could be conflicts between the two, I’ll investigate it but I can’t offer any temporary fix. You may disable the other one as you can’t use them at the same time. Or you may use another Under construction plugin.

Thanks.

John C
    Participant

Yes I agree with CJDRocks…plugin seems simple but it locks me out too often…considering theme.co’s usual high standards and the quality of x-them it’s pretty rubbish. Example: I have been working on a site all afternoon about 5 hours, no new plugins or anything installed so it can’t br a plugin conflict but just now, out of the blue…LOCKED OUT! Sooooo bored of it doing that !

I hate installing random plugins; from a security and resilience POV less is best…and I would much rather stick with a set of them like an X-Theme set, one developer hoping give higher security and less chance of conflicts etc but I have no choice…I’m now beyond bored with Under Construction.

Christian

Hey John,

Thank you for your feedback. Can you give us details why you think the quality of X is not good? This would help us improve X and X extensions in the future.

We’re sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with our Under Construction extension. Can you give us screenshots of the issue and access to your WordPress admin so we could investigate? I have tested the extension on my test site but I haven’t encountered this issue.

Thanks.

John C
    Participant

Hi

There is no visible ‘issue’ just that suddenly, even though I am logged in, it will ony display the under construction page. I have to FTP to the plugin to change the diretory name so I can get in. Clearing the caches seems to eventually work but I can not pin-point any specific thing that causes the crash.

Jack
    Keymaster

Hi there John,

It certainly shouldn’t randomly do that, if you have any form of server side caching, database caching or site caching this could all effect it and in active development, I’d strongly advise making sure all caches are deactivated.

If you’d like to provide FTP/wp-admin details in a private reply, we’d be happy to take a look at this for you. 🙂

Thank you!