Navigation
This is archived content. Visit our new forum.
  • Author

LuthersBoots
    Participant

Hi All, a bit of a strange request. I have pages generated for your job ads on my site.

When you add a link in linkedin it searches for an image to display…I want to be able to choose the image rather than rely in the default. Say if I go the the following ad it notices the image associated with that ad and displays it in the post….

Linkedin have replied saying that the service relies on the OGP and have sent me a link to the information here.

Can I implement this into my site so a specific image shows up?

Regards
    LB

Zeshan

Hi LB,

Thanks for writing in!

These OGP tags are added by default in your website. However, it locates the images inside your post content area. If it doesn’t find any image, it locate other images on your page, so that’s why it’s pulling the logo as your image while sharing in linkedin.

You can set a default image under SEO > Social > Facebook > Default Settings.

Thanks!

LuthersBoots
    Participant

Chees for that…so how do I change the image for individual posts?

Paul R

Hi,

You can set a featured image to your post or you can try this third party plugin to be able to set a specific for your post.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-seo/

Please don’t forget to turn off Enable Open Graph under social > opengraph when using this plugin.

Hope that helps.

LuthersBoots
    Participant

Hi Thanks for that…I have SEO installed already and I tried it out, but linkedin doesn’t seem to recognise the image!
    It is still seeing the default image.
    Any advice?

Zeshan

Hi there,

If you don’t have a featured image added to your post, Linkedin or Facebook will pull the default image that is defined in your SEO by Yoast plugin’s settings. To show a different image for your post, you’ll need to select a featured image for that post under Featured Image section (see: http://prntscr.com/6wfa9x).

Thanks!

LuthersBoots
    Participant

Okay, thanks for that. The pages I would like to link the image to are generated by WordPress Job Manager, so they do not have a featured image option. I have added the image in SEO by yoast and it works nicely on Facebook but not linkedin!

Zeshan

Hi there,

It could be the Linkedin caching as I’m seeing correct image in OGP tag. You could try creating a new job and check on Linkedin again.

Thanks!

LuthersBoots
    Participant

Okay, Linkedin have done some searching and they have come back with this:

Thanks for your reply and the additional information that you provided. I was able to take a look at the HTML code and to have the image displayed, you would need to have the image placed into the code for it to display the way you wish.

I look forward to hearing from you!

All well and good, but how do I change the code if I am using WP-Job Manager and the page I want to insert this into is: http://www.clearnorth.co.uk/job/process-engineer-plant-experience-manchester

Nico

Hi There,

Usually, it is beyond the scope of our support because it is using a 3rd party plugin. We could give it a try. Would you mind sharing us your admin credential in a Private Reply.

Thanks.

LuthersBoots
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Zeshan

Hi Davin,

Upon checking, it seems you are not using WordPress SEO by Yoast Open Graph tags and instead enabled X native Open Graph support. So, you will need to define a image fallback inside Customizer. You can do it under Social > Social Fallback Image in the Customizer (see: http://prntscr.com/6yqe0t).

Thanks!

LuthersBoots
    Participant

Hi There, So I can select the image for different pages, should I enable SEO by Yoast OG tags?

Zeshan

Hi there,

The image is only a fallback, i.e., when there is no image, the fallback image will be used. As your Job Manager doesn’t provide option for featured image, this fallback image will be used. As Job Manager is a third party plugin. Regretfully, we cannot provide support for it as our support policy in the sidebar states due to the fact that there is simply no way to account for all of the potential variables at play when using another developer’s plugin. Because of this, any questions you have regarding setup, integration, or troubleshooting any piece of functionality that is not native to X will need to be directed to the original developer.

In regard to SEO by Yoast OG tags, it’s not important, but if you wish, you can to enable it. Make sure to disable X OG tags under Social in the Customizer after enabling SEO by Yoast OG tags.

Thanks!

LuthersBoots
    Participant

That did it! I didn’t disable the OG tags in the customiser before.
    One simple change made everything work…thanks again.
    LB