Navigation
This is archived content. Visit our new forum.
  • Author

Dan C
    Participant

I’m organizing a User Manual for our new app and I’d like to use the Table of Contents, Table of Contents Item and the nextpage code to paginate each chapter (one long page) into separate pages. However, note first that the Cornerstone TOC short codes are different from all your support examples [x_toc versus [toc and also note that the <!–nextpage–> code is being rewritten on Save by Cornerstone to <!–!nextpage–>. This means the page is not paginating even though the Table of Content appears correct.

Some guidance would be appreciated! The code below illustrates how Cornerstone rewrote the nextpage tags.

————–CONTENT SNIPPET BEGINS—————-
    [x_toc title=”Registering in MYfitCODE” type=”left” columns=”1″][x_toc_item title=”Step 1: Club ID” page=”1″][x_toc_item title=”Step 2: License Agreement” page=”2″][x_toc_item title=”Step 3: Personal Info” page=”3″][x_toc_item title=”Step 4: Choose Goal” page=”4″][/x_toc]
    <h3>Congratulations on installing the MYfitCODE app! Let’s get you up and running!</h3>
    <h4>Enter Your Club ID</h4>
    Once you’ve got the app on your phone, tap the Register button.
    RegisterAndSignIn
    Enter your Club ID (Don’t have it? Call or stop by the front desk at your Club!). Once you have entered the ID, tap Validate.
    ValidationCode_web
    Your club’s picture, name, and information should appear on the screen. Tap Next if this is your club (If your club does not appear, your code may have an error. Please contact your club to find out the issue).
    ClubIsValidated_web
    <!–!nextpage–>
    [x_toc title=”Registering in MYfitCODE” type=”left” columns=”1″][x_toc_item title=”Step 1: Club ID” page=”1″][x_toc_item title=”Step 2: License Agreement” page=”2″][x_toc_item title=”Step 3: Personal Info” page=”3″][x_toc_item title=”Step 4: Choose Goal” page=”4″][/x_toc]
    <h4>Read and Accept the License Agreement</h4>
    On the next screen you’ll see information about the license agreement. Tap the blue button to view. Please read carefully, and when finished reading tap Close. After reading and acknowledging the license agreement tap Agree (If you disagree with this agreement, then sorry this app is not for you).
    <!–!nextpage–>
    <h4>Enter Your Personal Information</h4>
    On the next screen input your preferred username and password. Then, type in your first and last name with your email address. Select your gender and then choose your Avatar by tapping Take Picture or Choose Picture (all fields are required, except for avatar picture). When completed tap, Next.
    *Please note: It is important to remember your username and password.*PersonalInformation_web
    <!–!nextpage–>
    ————–CONTENT SNIPPET ENDS—————-

Rad

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

It’s not <!–!nextpage–>, but <!–-nextpage-–>. Please check this https://codex.wordpress.org/Styling_Page-Links

Cheers!

Dan C
    Participant

Guys, I know what the short code is supposed to be. I’ve used it successfully before. My point is that on SAVE CORNERSTONE is rewriting the tag adding an exclamation mark “!”. I can’t be the only X user on Cornerstone who’s having this issue. To be clear:

Here’s screenshots to illustrate the behavior.

Before save:
    before save

After save:
    after save

Thanks I know you get a ton of support traffic and we appreciate the help. But sometimes reading the post a bit more carefully would save us all time.

Nico

Hi There,

Thanks for updating us.

In this case, Would you mind sharing us your admin credential in private so we could investigate further.

Don’t forget to set it as private reply.

Thanks.

alanale
    Participant

I’m having the same problem. Super excited to use the TOC feature but I keep running into this wall: I have <!–nextpage–> and then when I save it, it automatically re-writes it as <!–!nextpage–> so the TOC doesn’t work. Have you found any solution for this? Thanks!

Nico

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in.

Would you mind opening a new thread and share us your admin credential so we could take a closer look on your setup.

Don’t forget to set it as private reply.

Thanks.

Sebschmit
    Participant

Hi!

I’m experiencing the same issue… hope you’ll find a way!

Thai

Hi There,

This is confirmed as a bug, and already added on our list. We’re still looking on it. We will provide bug fixes through next update.

Thanks for understanding.

Scott M
    Spectator

is this fixed? If so, How to accomplish?

thanks!

Paul R

Hi Scott,

This is fixed, try to use raw content element instead of text.

http://screencast.com/t/VCobBnLSY

Thanks

Scott M
    Spectator

When i add next page to a raw content element, nothing happens. Then i try to add in text element..nothing happens. I also try to add shortcodes in text element and nothing happens.

no results. I dont have login or info for u but, any ideas?

thanks

Scott M
    Spectator

refresh page, now it works

cool!

Paul R

Glad to know it works.

Have a great day!

Scott M
    Spectator

actually….

this shows up on the second page visible to users….

[/x_raw_content][/x_column][/x_row][/x_section]

thanks

Paul R

Hi Scott,

It’s not happening on my end.

There could be excess or missing html tags, can you provide us the entire code that is in your raw content element.

Thanks