Navigation
This is archived content. Visit our new forum.
  • Author

Josh Hayles
    Participant

I’ve submitted a support ticket on Buddypress.org but no response. I’ve set up the plugin on my site and I can log in just fine on the desktop computer but I can’t log in on my phone. Can someone please help me with this? I know you don’t offer support for other plugins but I don’t know what else to do…

Josh Hayles
    Participant

To clarify … Buddypress must have automatically added me as a new user when I set up the groups because I don’t know what username and password it set up for me.

Rad

Hi there,

Thanks for posting in.

I can’t really promise a solution, and your issue is somewhat new to me. Would you mind if I check it first? Please provide your site’s URL and admin login credentials in a private reply.

All logins should be handled by WordPress no matter which plugin that uses it. They are just using the same login standard provided by WordPress. This might be related to your WordPress setup.

Thanks.

Josh Hayles
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Zeshan

Hi Josh,

I’m getting “incorrect username or password” error with the provided logins. Please confirm.

However, it seems you are using a 3rd party plugin to add a captcha integration in your login form that could be a reason you are not able to log in from a mobile device. It’s best if you disable all the 3rd party plugins and see if that helps resolving the issue. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Thank you!

Josh Hayles
    Participant

It was the captcha plugin. I deactivated it and it works fine now. That’s strange. I guess it didn’t play well with Buddypress?

Zeshan

Glad to hear it’s working for you now! 🙂

As for the compatibility, we cannot confirm anything as they are both 3rd party plugins. You’ll need to contact plugins developers.

Cheers!