Navigation
This is archived content. Visit our new forum.

Tagged: 

• Author

I downloaded the X theme and was trying out the different stacks that are available. I originally uploaded the “Band” theme, but decided that Ethos 1 would be better for me. One of the main reasons I purchased the X theme was because of Cornerstone – it sounded that it would be fairly easy to edit my website. However, I cannot seem to use Cornerstone with Ethos 1. I’ve noticed that some content from the Band stack is still on my dashboard (all of the pictures, some pages/posts, etc). When sampling with the other stacks, I saw that when viewing your website, there was a Cornerstone option at the top of the page. But, as you can see from the attached picture, I do not see a Cornerstone option with Ethos 1. Is there a way that I can start from scratch (get rid of all content from the Band stack) and use Cornerstone to design my website? Thanks.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Rad

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

You can re-install your WordPress and install X theme and cornerstone again. That should give you a fresh copy. But may I know the URL in your screenshot? Maybe it’s a blog page, and special pages aren’t really editable in cornerstone. You can only edit pages and posts, or custom post types.

Thanks.

This reply has been marked as private.

Friech

Hi There,

That page is a Blog page, you can not edit that page in Cornerstone or in any page builder because that page is using an special template.

If you don’t want that, please set another homepage. To do this, create a new page name it home or homepage or any name that you want, now start editing/designing this homepage on Cornerstone. When you finished the design of this homepage navigate to Settings > Reading on the Front page displays set to A static page on the drop down set the homepage you created as the Front page and save.

Hope it helps, Cheers.