Navigation
This is archived content. Visit our new forum.

Tagged: 

• Author

CatDouglas
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Rad

Hi there,

It seems to be okay. It’s only normal for the server to drop the connection if it’s inactive but you can still re-upload your file and it will initiate connection again.

Are you having issues with wp-config.php? I could change it if you like but please provide your backup copy of wp-config.php, it’s currently empty.

Thanks!

CatDouglas
    Participant

Christopher

Hi there,

The wp-config.php file was empty, I copied the content from attachment and pasted it to wp-config.php file but still shows error, what else did you change?
    Please try to upload wordpress files once again as this could fix the issue.

Hope it helps.

CatDouglas
    Participant

Christopher

Hi there,

I see database connection error, to fix it, please check this link : http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-fix-the-error-establishing-a-database-connection-in-wordpress/

Hope it helps.

CatDouglas
    Participant

I’ve had to get a developer to resolve and get my site back up for me.

However they are saying they cannot access my database at all (they’ve been provided with full login access).

He added the code CSS to the custom editor as Xtheme staff suggested, I still cannot edit and save any changes without error pages. I.e. I try to edit homepage with Cornerstone, it asks me to log in again and I do, it goes to the front face of the homepage so I cannot do anything to edit it!

This is seriously holding me back and I need some assistance urgently to make any changes on my site.

Cat

Christopher

Hi there,

Upon checking your site, CS was loading fine without asking for login credentials, see the attachment.
    To show you CS works properly, I added a new page titled X support, please check it.

Please fix following code in your customizer :

.h-skill-bar {font-family: lato}
    .percent {font-family: lato}

It should be :

.h-skill-bar {font-family: lato;}
    .percent {font-family: lato;}

Dividers show fine on portfolio page, I see there is much padding between filters, to remove it add following code as well :

.esg-filterbutton {
        padding: 0 !important;
    }

Hope it helps.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

CatDouglas
    Participant

Rad

Hi there,

That’s really weird, it’s even working on my end. Are we using the same login credentials? It loads fast, and what browser you’re testing it with? Could you try it on private browser? I tried it in multiple machines and I’m not getting that error on draft pages/post.

Thanks!

CatDouglas
    Participant

Rad

Hi there,

That means your browser has cached, please clean your browser cache. You may use CCleaner application if you’re on windows. And maybe it’s related to connectivity, your internet. It’s fast on my end.

Thanks!

CatDouglas
    Participant

Okay I will do, thank you for your help. My internet speed usually isn’t an issue.
    It’s going to be a while before I can fully get through all of the little edits in the above thread as I’m busy and then away, I’ll keep this tab open for reference when I can pick it up. I’m glad I have my site back online and can make edits, the most pressing issues, thanks.

Friech

Feel free to get in touch with us regarding any further queries about the X|Theme and Cornerstone.

Cheers!