Navigation
This is archived content. Visit our new forum.

Tagged: 

• Author

Philip
    Participant

Hi,

Is there a way to have desktop view on mobile devices.
    Because the website doesn’t look nice on a mobile and it isn’t really user friendly.

I have added the custom code but the website stays on a white page…
    Is there a solution for this?

Thx advance.

Joao

Thanks for writing in! To assist you with this issue, we’ll first need you to provide us with your URL. This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation. Once you have provided us with your URL, we will be happy to assist you with everything.

Philip
    Participant

Rupok

Hi there,

I have checked and your site seems fine on mobile. If you want to force desktop view on mobile then it won’t be responsive anymore. If you have any specific responsive issue on any specific page then point us that.

Cheers!

Philip
    Participant

Is it possible to make it non responsive. The site should always show up in desktop view.
    Site isn’t working on mobile either. Tested on 3 phones. Page stays white 🙁

Thx in advance

Rue Nel

Hello There,

Responsive websites is meant to be being responsive to the screen size of the device you are viewing the website with. Forcing it to display like on a desktop may have created the issue why it just stays white. Please remove your custom code to display the site in mobile screens again.

If you want to display the whole desktop look in mobile screens, it would need a total re construction of the whole X stylesheet which we do not suggest. I would highly recommend that you create a mock out of how your website will look like on smaller devices so that we might be able to help you with.

Hope this make sense.

Philip
    Participant

Because it’s an e-commerce website I would like to have desktop on mobile devices.
    Otherwise I have to much information on a small screen. So the site is very unusefull I think…
    All information is in blocks vertically alligned…

Rad

Hi Philip,

Please add this code to your child theme’s functions.php

function x_head_meta() {?>
    <meta charset="<?php bloginfo( 'charset' ); ?>">
    <title><?php wp_title( '' ); ?></title>
    <link rel="pingback" href="<?php bloginfo( 'pingback_url' ); ?>">
    <?php  }

The original is this

<meta charset="<?php bloginfo( 'charset' ); ?>">
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">
    <title><?php wp_title( '' ); ?></title>
    <link rel="pingback" href="<?php bloginfo( 'pingback_url' ); ?>">

And we removed <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0"> to tell browser it shouldn’t display the site’s width the same as device width. Responsive layout depends on site’s width.

Thanks!

Philip
    Participant

Ok big thx 😉

Rad

You’re welcome!