Navigation
This is archived content. Visit our new forum.

Tagged: 

• Author

vba66a
    Participant

Hi there,

I recently upgraded my website to use latest WP, X-theme and Cornerstone – and now I face huge problems with editing my pages in the Cornerstone. When I click on an element (i.e. custom header in section/row/column hierarchy), screen flashes and element disappears – and often other elements in same row get rearranged. It seems Cornerstone wrongly assumes I was trying to drag-drop the element, and it did drop element in some other part of the page. If I indeed trying to drag-drop the element and keep my mouse left button pressed, view port jumps in different part of the screen and makes it almost impossible to get to target area – dragging element below the screen does not make screen scroll, so the only way to move it below is using the wheel on the mouse (while still pressing left button).
    It is extremely annoying and counter-productive – I have to close the editor without saving my work, re-open it and try again until I manage to edit element without this unexpected jump.

Can you please review the code and issue a patch as soon as possible?

Regards,
    VB

Rue Nel

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! Would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look and fix the issue? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation. Once you have provided us with your URL, we will be happy to assist you with everything.

To do this, you can make a post with the following info:
    – Link to your site

– WordPress Admin username / password
    – FTP Hostname
    – FTP Username
    – FTP Password

Don’t forget to select Set as private reply. This ensures your information is only visible to our staff.

Thank you.

vba66a
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Christian

I couldn’t login using the given credentials. Please check. Also, please provide a screen recording of the issue so we could try tor replicate it on our end.

Thanks.

vba66a
    Participant

vba66a
    Participant

Rue Nel

Hello There,

Thanks for sending us the video. Since you are using the very latest version of Cornerstone, you can always use the skeleton mode when editing for faster response and easy access of the elements on the preview area. This will make your translation easier is you are in skeleton mode.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

vba66a
    Participant

Yes, I tried to use the skeleton mode and did not find it convenient to edit the page. I cannot switch to skeleton mode just to add or edit the element – I need to be able to edit it in place. I believe that’s the one and only purpose of any editor – to let the user to edit the page easily. Now it just does not work!!!

My question stays – can you fix the issue or advise how can I downgrade Cornerstone to previous version without downgrading the X-theme and loosing my edits?

VB

Christian

Hey there,

I tried editing your page with Cornerstone and there’s no issue on my end. See video below.

Please clear your browser cache then check again. Also, remove all your third party plugins then check again. If that is not possible, copy your site over to a development server and test there.

Downgrading would only be possible through restoring your website backup. Also, Cornerstone version must match the corresponding X version so there would be no conflict so downgrading Cornerstone only is not recommended.

Thanks.

vba66a
    Participant

Christian

I see the issue. Please try adding the code below in your Appearance > Customize > Custom > Global CSS

.x-column {
        min-height: 10px;
    }

Thanks.

vba66a
    Participant

Christian

I see the issue in Firefox.

Can you try editing in Chrome? If you wish to continue in Firefox, you could click and hold the element and scroll up or down the page using the scroll wheel or whatever scroll mechanism you have.

Regretfully, this doesn’t happen on my test site though. We could only further investigate if you copy your site over to a staging or development server so we could test without plugins and customizations.

Thanks.