Navigation
This is archived content. Visit our new forum.

Tagged: 

• Author

punctilio
    Participant

HI,
    on every site cornerstone works fine, but on startpage it will not.
    The page is shown without admin bar at the top and no cornerstone functions are availaibe.

Where coult be the problem?
    Thanks a lot.

Best regards

punctilio
    Participant

I have now duplicate the startpage and make the page new.
    The same error.
    After I have set the new page as the homepage in the settings, the admin bar has disappeared again.
    It looks like Cornerstone does not work on the home page.

punctilio
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Rupok

Hi there,

Are you facing this for this particular page only or for all Cornerstone pages? You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

punctilio
    Participant

For only the startpage, as i wrote.

I have now duplicate the startpage and make the page new.
    The same error.
    After I have set the new page as the homepage in the settings, the admin bar has disappeared again.
    It looks like Cornerstone does not work on the home page.

Now I have two pages with the similar content. The page, which I defined in the backend as startpage, can not be edited with cornerstone. On the other hand, Cornerstone works without problems. If I select another page as the start page, Cornerstone does not work on the new page. So Cornerstone does not work that page, which has been defined as the startpage.

I have now tried to switch off all plugins, unfortunately without success.

Another thing, the hole admin bar is missing on the startpage. Only on the startpage.

Rue Nel

Hello There,

Thank you for the clarifications. By default, the admin bar should be on the home page. I have tested this in several demo contents and the admin bar is present. Take this for example; http://prntscr.com/eq4v4o. I am guessing that a 3rd party plugin prevents the admin bar from showing. You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time. Or you can switch to Twenty Sixteen theme and if the admin bar is still not present then I am sure that a 3rd party plugin removes the admin bar in your homepage.

Hope this helps.