Navigation
This is archived content. Visit our new forum.

Tagged: 

• Author

Rad

Hi there,

Hmm, looks like it’s different on my end too, and different from your screenshots.

It’s actually loading the nearest font for cursive installed on a device since it can’t load the niconne font.

Where did you implement the font @import? I checked and there is no active child theme, maybe you forgot to enable it hence, no font declaration.

Thanks.

iamwithU
    Participant

Huh, you mean my Child theme is not activated.? I had activated it previously before designing my website.

But my mistake I went to activate another theme & re-activated my X Theme. I could also see the child X theme in the Editor of “Appearance” on my WP dashboard.

And I’ve done much editing since. Any implication?

Also I had asked twice earlier: how do I specify font 40px for desktop view, but 34px for mobile phone views?

Should Joao’s CSS above exclude the font size?
    Appreciate your advice.

Rad

Hi there,

There should be no problem since your changes are added in database.

About the font size, you can try something like this

@media ( min-width: 980px ) {
    .niconne {
    font-family: 'Niconne', cursive !important;
    font-size: 40px;
    }
    }
    @media ( min-width: 979px ) {
    .niconne {
    font-size: 34px;
    }
    }

Above 979px is desktop, and equal or below 979px is tablet and mobile. And you have to remove the font sizes you added through style input.

Thanks!

iamwithU
    Participant

Hi Rad,
    I tried your css, but it got the opposite results – the font became small on desktop view and big on mobile views. I think one of the code should be max-width instead?

I then got back to a revision done 50 minutes ago, and now my Home page is out of Cornerstone! 🙁

How can I restore my Home page back to Cornerstone?

Rad

Hi there,

Ah, there was a typo error. It should be max-width, please change it to this

.niconne {
    }
    }
    @media ( max-width: 979px ) {
    .niconne {
    }
    }

Hmm, have you tried restoring the database? It looks like cornerstone data is corrupted. Do you have a backup?

Thanks!

Paul R

Hi,

Yes, the second one should be max-width

.niconne {
    }
    }
    @media ( max-width: 979px ) {
    .niconne {
    }
    }

With regards to cornerstone, can you provide us your wordpress admin login private reply.

iamwithU
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Christopher

Hi there,

Default font-size value is 400%.
    Yes, you can add second media query to apply the style to screen width smaller that 979px.

If you have any additional questions at this time we kindly ask that you open them up in a separate thread. The longer threads get in the forum, they become more difficult to support as they tend to drift off topic and they also make it troublesome for users trying to search for solutions. Keeping threads relevant to their original inquiry ensures that we can keep better track of what has been resolved and that users can more effectively find answers to similar issues they might be experiencing.

Thanks!

iamwithU
    Participant

Noted Chris. But Paul asked for my WP admin login… so that’s the end of this?

Christopher

Yes, please open a new topic as the issue is not related to current topic. We’ll help you with this issue on the other thread.

Thanks you.