Navigation
This is archived content. Visit our new forum.
  • Author

Jared N
    Participant

I have searched your forum and the documentation, and I’m not seeing any way to add the login option with a shortcode or otherwise.

Can you provide some insight to this?

-Jared

Kory
    Keymaster

Hey Jared,

Are you talking about our protect shortcode?

Jared N
    Participant

I think so. I wanted something for members and potential members to be able to register and login afterwards.

The other question I have is, can I implement a login for the public, and a separate login for employees?

Is that possible?

-Jared

Rubin
    Keymaster

Hey Jared,

what you are describing sounds like a more complex thing and you probably would need a 3rd party plugin like “Protected Content Pro” since our shortcode only protects content for a certain user group. You should check out the plugin and see if it’s something that fits your needs.

Jared N
    Participant

Does your “Protected Content” allow for a full membership profile to be created.

Ideally, I would like something where a company employee can log in, and view documents I’ve uploaded through a document management system, such as employment/tax forms. Or this same can employee can view their upcoming work schedule, etc.

Then a separate area for public members who may want to respond to a blog post, or upload money to a royalty card, etc.

Is X theme compatible with BuddyPress? (should I need to go that direction).

I was trying to find the “Protected Content Pro” you mentioned, but wasn’t able to. Is it a Code Canyon plugin, or an add-on offered by ThemeCo? Would “Protected Content Pro” be able to assist in all of these requirements I have?

Thoughts and insight on my requirements would help immensely.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,

Jared

Rubin
    Keymaster

Hey it’s a plugin which is available on the internet you can find it here: http://pippinsplugins.com/restrict-content-pro-premium-content-plugin/ – it’s actually called restricted content pro I misspelled it sorry. Our shortcode only can hide content for unregistered users and show it for registered so it would hide all the links or documents you don’t want to show them which are inside the shortcode tags.

Hope this helps!

sendpire
    Participant

can this plugin be inserted using cornerstone?

Friech

Hi There,

This plugin provides an page settings that allows you to restrict/allow that page to a specific group of users. There is no need to insert this on Cornerstone.

Or maybe we’re just confuse of what you’re wanting to do, please clarify.

Thanks!