Yoast SEO Text, image and link detection

Is there a timeline on when the detection of V2 elements will be working for Yoast SEO? Or is there a temporary workaround that can be applied? Thanks!

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, but sorry we can not provide a timeline and there is no workaround on this as the element’s content is stored in post meta, it is not detected by Yoast’s content analyzer.

Thank you for understanding,
Cheers!

1 Like

Good morning @friech -

Before airing my concerns on this topic, I’d like to ask a question that will at least help me clear up my larger concern.

The question I have is this:

Q: If the v2 elements aren’t being analized by Yoast, are the elements I am building and the copy edit content I am setting up on a post or a page still adhering to those SEO standards Yoast is trying to analyze? if I am following the guidelines as expected and if it were to show perfect compliance in a v1 element and those same measures are being met inside the v2 content, I am building? (i.e. focus words not found in the first paragraph of the copy edit), is this error only there because the v2 elements aren’t being seen? Or is there a larger issue we should be concerned about with v2 elements hiding from google and other search engine spiders too?

This brings me to another point. There is a fix. The fix is using a v1 element instead of a v2 element, but we aren’t purchasing Pro merely to be stuck with v1 elements because they are SEO compliant. We want the power of Pro to follow SEO standards.

I hope you and the rest of the staff can understand that this Youast issue is a very big problem for us designers and developers. It is concerning that it hasn’t been resolved yet, though please read the rest of my post because it isn’t attack, but a constructive perspective from someone who has had over 27 years in communication in regards to connecting with large audiences with messages the yield success.

The fact that it hasn’t been resolved, in my opinion, is not the more pressing issue for many of us loyal supporters of Themco, X and Pro. We can appreciate and respect the roadmap and timeline and taking on more pressing issues than redirecting efforts to future fixes and debugging compatibility issues with plugins over core fixes and feature additions.

I think (for me anyway), the larger concern is that the responses that we are getting back from your camp is merely a measured and typical response customers frequently receive from the majority of lesser premium theme and plugin developers that don’t really take a hands on approach to addressing valid concerns from their customer base.

@kyle, Themco and the entire passionately devoted, “Theme Dream Team” (laughing, sorry, I had to inject humor into this post ), you are anything but typical. Themco is miles ahead of your competition; developing a new WordPress interface that is extraordinarily innovative and unique. Pro has all of the elements typically found in a stand-alone software app.

I suppose one of the pitfalls of a company such as Themco becoming a success almost overnight. Once you become an industry leader, redefining your niche, is that the expectations from the customer base becomes a lot more demanding.

I’d like to think we (your loyal and extremely devoted supporting community) understand these growing pains and are more sympathetic than the typical customer other companies deal with because like you, we are uniquely different, trying to redefine our own niche in our respective area of the industry.

With that in mind, I don’t expect a fix overnight, and to be honest, if there isn’t a fix than I’d even be understanding of that. At some point, we all may face a, “sophie’s choice” moment if what is being done is indeed leading the innovation. It can’t be avoided if you start treading into uncharted territory.

However, please understand, if I’m being asked to be understanding, at the very least, I expect a shockingly candid and honest response from that company on an issue as large as this one. This is exactly the kind of thing that sets a company apart. It isn’t just the brilliant bells and whistles, it is the way a company responds to the challenges that arise.

Those moments give me goosebumps because the response has a human element to it, giving us a sneak peak into your process and the vulnerabilities that come from the process. That is truly one of the core aspects to Themco I love most. There never has been just a measured response from, Company Themco".

There is this guy named @kyle and the rest of the members of original team. They snowboard, and have family/company picnics. They have an identity, they are real people at the helm. Two of them are long time partners and old friends who decide one day to climb the face of a mountain, look down to witness how far they have come, how small and humbling it is to overlook the landscape of those past achievements and realise the, “Cornerstone” of their entire company and its branding and core philosophy is now being seen in all it’s glory, laid out beneath their feet. All before taking the last step before hitting the peak. A peak that was almost too daunting to complete.

That is the kind of communication I’ve come to expect from Themco. I remember that story vividly because I’m on a embarking on a similar path and look to this company for inspiration to carry on. It’s not just what you provide me as a client. I may only right now have two licenses to Pro, but if what I have been building over the last two years becomes a reality, Pro is going to be a key tool used in all of our projects.

I would like a real response. It can be in the form of an in depth article explaining why it is something unachievable at the moment and why there is no definitive timeline to a fix or a viable solution. I don’t need a promise to have it fixed, I need a promise to explain why it may not be done anytime soon or even at all.

Now, why would I take the time to write such a passionate post? For one, I am an example of the kind of clients you have supporting your product. The other reason is also because Yoast isn’t just any third party plugin. It too is a WordPress Industry Standard. There are big drawbacks to building with WordPress and it’s dynamic content in regards to SEO. Yoast helps address those concerns with a solution guiding designers and developers to help build sites that adhere to those SEO rigid guidelines.

Can the same be achieved without Yoast? Sure, but our clients may not think so or even have the understanding of how to implement the solution. Our clients may not understand that just because Yoast isn’t analyzing the v2 element data, it may not mean their Post/Page content isn’t SEO compliant. If people see errors, it’s usually assumed something is wrong. On some level, this should be addressed in detail even if the answer isn’t what we want to hear. The reason why is because then at least we have an answer we can give to our clients.

I sincerely have a great deal of respect for the mammoth undertaking and work you all have archived so please don’t take this long wall of text for any more than a passionate push of encouragement to continue following the ethical standards you have set for yourselves, even when such a honest response might be a frightening prospect and leap of faith. I can assure you, such a response will only enforce what many of us already believe.

Sincerely-
Lonnie Bruhn

1 Like

Great response. I use Pro for virtually all of my clients websites. The quick customization of V2 elements is great but as you said in so many words, why should we have to go backwards to get back the integration? It’s like going from Chrome back to Netscape with no promises/timelines of ever coming back in to the present.

Hopefully my v2 elements aren’t being hid from Google. I took the time to ensure all of my clients pages had green lights in Yoast right before the update. Now is there no proof of that work. Hopefully Google still sees the content.

1 Like

Thanks @ajdsgn -

I do believe the SEO chrome extension, “SEO Quake” can crawl a site and analyze the data to make sure it is being seen and also a program called, “Screaming Frog” which is a very powerful tool that will crawl the site or page and give a very in depth SEO analysis. I haven’t had the time to research the best way to run the program and read the report correctly but it is on my to do list.

I think another approach is to analyze our written copy edit in a regular post using a v1 element in a draft post/page, get all the green lights, then afterwards, copy and paste the content into a v2 post and push it live after it has been correctly given the green light by Yoast, but that is a very sloppy workflow to use especially if we are implementing an entirely new SEO strategy site wide for each new client. My time is too pressed to take on more steps.

I am going to sit down though and see what is really happening with those new v2 elements. I think that is worth the time investigating because if v2 elements aren’t really affecting the SEO, but merely the way Yoast handles and analyses the content because it retrieves the data from a different area of the database and v2 elements are stored elsewhere. That helps to know the code base on v2 elements is still compliant. On the other hand, if that content is hidden from index crawling than there is no way I could continue using Pro for theming until it is addressed.

I’d like to think that isn’t the case because that would be a much larger and critical issue. It would mean the code isn’t complying to current web practices and I can’t imagine the team here being that wreckless. It would then truly demand an immediate response or I’d have to begin working with another theme. To be frank, I think I would find a starter theme or build a theme on top of one and wash my hands from on the fly web interface designing and go back to the tried and true… That being straight up coding. In the long run, I still believe, it saves more time because there are less issues we are confronted with.

Hi @ajdsgn and @PelanPelan

Thank you for your passionate posts, to clarify things:

This does not have an impact on your site SEO. Everything outputs correctly on the front end. The problem is that Yoast can’t properly access the content of our V2 elements to analyze.

This is a known issue and our Dev Team is still investigating this. This is also very important to us to be fixed as a lot of users are using Yoast SEO. Our team focus right now is fixing old bugs and usability improvements and integration of YOAST for V2 elements is one of it.

You can check the other things here that our Dev Team is working on right now.

The workaround that we can suggest for now is using the Classic Text Element.

Have a nice day,
Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.