Yoast SEO Premium doesn't find words in body text of post

Cool, thanks Paul for the update. Just flagging that it is a significant issue for us. While I acknowledge that the bug doesn’t affect SEO, we now have no way of checking whether we’re achieving max SEO on our pages. A prioritized bug fix would be greatly appreciated!

2 Likes

Thank for your feedback, @tianagreen. I’ll add your voice to our issue tracker.

1 Like

This is also a significant issue to us. Can I get a bug number for this?

Hi there,

That’s not possible since it’s in private.

But this issue is surely on our list :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Any update on this? When will be the next release?

1 Like

Hello @mcostales84,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

As this is broadly going to be a maintenance release wherein we are aiming to fix known bugs and our developer are working hard to ensure that every thing is put into order.

Unfortunately I am not in a position to share the ETA but as per the development roadmap guide we are aiming for a April release. However, please note that it’s a tentative plan and is subject to change.

Your patience is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for understanding.

Hey team,

Was this issue ever solved? I have recently started using Cornerstone and am having this exact issue. Everything is up-to-date.

Any help would be great

Hi @Jamographer,

Some of the fixes for SEO are already implemented, you may check the changelog here https://theme.co/changelog/. But, there are issues that aren’t fixed yet especially for SEO Yoast premium, but the texts should be visible now. Please install the latest X/Pro/Cornerstone so you could utilize the implemented fixes.

Thanks!

Hey Rad, I do have the most up-to-date X and Cornerstone and always install the updates as soon as they are available. I have also tried a few of the other help topics listed in the forum, including using “Classic Editor” to get the result. I have since deleted the Classic Editor as it didn’t work either.

See attached from cornerstone page. This is the same issue across all cornerstone pages.

Hey @Jamographer,
​
​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288
​
Thank you.

Thanks guys,

Here are the details:

Hello There,

I have logged in and investigated your site. I can confirm that this is a bug in the latest release of the theme. I’ve submitted this to our issue tracker so the developers will be made aware of it. Once they’ve fixed this issue, it will be updated and rolled out in the next release update cycle.

Please bear with us.

2 Likes

THIS IS A DISASTER AND NEEDS A FIX IMMEDIATELY.

I just had a Google wave come through and ALL my websites using PRO dropped at least 5 positions in ranking… This needs a massive email warning sent out, and an update to all users. HELP PLEASE.

Hello @nlwebdesign,

Thanks for updating this thread. Our developers were already made aware of this issue. They are already making a fix for this issue. Please watch out when we roll out our next release update cycle soon.

Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you very much, thought I must’ve been missing something or going nuts! Do you still require the secure log-in details listed above or am I right to deactivate the account?

Hi,

You may deactivate the account.

Thanks

1 Like

Hey @nlwebdesign

Just a heads up, this has nothing to do with Google. Yoast’s “lights” are a tool they run on the back end, scanning the page content in the database for suggestions. Pro uses a javascript feature provided by Yoast to supply it with rendered content for analysis, and sometimes that needs to be tweaked to maintain plugin compatibility.

When Google crawls your site, it’s done on the front end, reading rendered HTML.

Most SEO experts will tell you to ignore the Yoast light dots anyways, theyre as effective as letter grades on page speed scans.

1 Like

I would love to see a plug-in called Rank Math made more compatible for X Theme. While I get that having the plug-in working isn’t the be-all-and-end-all for SEO, it definitely helps.

@michaelbourne I’m not great with how SEO plug-ins work. Are you saying that plug-ins, like Yoast or my example just above, Rank Math, its not important to have the compatibility with the theme itself? I would much prefer RM over Yoast for its feature list but came back when I was told it wasn’t compatible.

Hey @Jamographer,

The theme has no connection with Yoast SEO nor other SEO plugins because they could not read the site’s code. They only could read the content and the content can be made using page builders like Cornerstone or Pro’s Content Builder. It can also be made by other page builders like Visual Composer.

It is the Content Analysis of Yoast SEO that is not working well or needs fine tuning to read Cornerstone’s content properly. With regards to compatibility with Cornerstone, Yoast SEO is compatible. There are just certain conditions where the content analysis fails like mixing Classic and v2 Elements in a page or not analyzing.

In a perfect world, it’s best for all SEO plugins to analyze the output of page builders in general. But, that’s currently not the case. Continual enhancements are needed to be made.

Also, Yoast SEO works best analyzing HTML written directly in the WordPress Content area or Text Editor. The main use for that is for writing blog posts. Most users don’t use page builders for writing posts.

Pages, especially pages built with page builders are usually used for landing pages. Landing pages are usually not optimized for SEO because they’re rather used for marketing like sharing the page on social media sites. But, the said pages can still be read by Google or any search engine crawler therefore they still can be optimized if needed.

Hope that information is useful.

1 Like

@Jamographer

That is exactly what I’m saying, yes! Google scans the front end of your site, and only sees rendered HTML. Yoast scans the database, and due to the way some page builders store content, it can’t perform it’s content analysis properly. This has NO effect on Google or rankings though, it’s simply a back end tool Yoast provides to users.

In reality, the usefulness of the tool has been debated by many SEO professionals, however it is good to note that in reality, it would best be used for blog posts, and I would argue that you should never use a PAGE builder to make a blog post, just stick to the default WordPress editor for those :slight_smile:

@VSTars

For clarity’s sake, I’m not on staff for Themeco, I’m just an advocate for their themes, a moderator on this board, and the admin of the Facebook fan group.

1 Like