Yoast SEO "links suggestion" integration with Cornerstone?

Hi - I have the paid version of Yoast SEO, and the feature called links suggestion that is supposed to suggest internal blog posts to which you can link while you are composing a new blog post for better SEO.

This does not work in Cornerstone (that I can see). I submitted a question to Yoast about it and they said:

If you are adding your content through other plugins or theme content boxes, Yoast SEO for WordPress Premium won’t be able to detect it by default or detect it with complete accuracy. In the past, we have tried to parse shortcodes and other content boxes with horrible results so we opted to provide plugin and theme developers with an API that they can use to pass their content to our page analysis. It’s possible that the Yoast SEO plugin isn’t working as expected with your custom page builder. You can read more about it here – https://kb.yoast.com/kb/is-the-plugin-compatible-with-xyz-visual-page-builder/

If you are using a plugin or theme that doesn’t send their content to our page analysis, please reach out to the developer and ask them about adding the functionality to their code. This KB article will help them with the implementation – https://kb.yoast.com/kb/can-i-add-data-to-the-page-analysis/

So I am writing to you in hopes that you are working on this, or at least have plans to. Since Yoast is a widely used plugin, I’m hoping that is the case. It would certainly be a useful feature to have (especially when one is already paying for it). Do you have any information about this?

Thank you!

Hey @creatorofstuff,

Please see my response in a similar thread https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/new-elements-still-not-compatible-with-yoast-seo-content-analysis-functionality/40150/16?u=christian_y.

Here’s another similar thread https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/yoast-seo-does-not-recognize-text-in-pages-made-with-x-pro/42025/13

And, the threads below are related:

Those threads are quite lengthy so I’ve summarized the points below. I’d still recommend that you read the whole thread to get the right context though.

• In Pro 2.1 and Cornerstone 3.1, an update was released for Yoast SEO to read the data of the Content Builder. With that said, Yoast SEO works with Cornerstone. If you discover a feature and/or analysis of Yoast SEO that is not working, please write in detail and provide screenshots on how we could replicate.

• There is currently a known bug where if a Classic Element is present in the page, it could disrupt Yoast SEO’s analysis. Regretfully, we could not provide an ETA as to when it will be fixed.

Thanks.

Thank you for your thoughtful and thorough response. I had seen those other threads in my search, but I thought my question was enough different that I thought it was a legitimate one. Forgive me if I am mistaken.

I had not noticed a problem with Yoast SEO not analyzing my pages in the main screen (where you add keywords, etc.). Although after reading the posts I suppose that my classic elements are not being seen.

But my question is regarding the Links Suggestion feature of Yoast. While you are actually writing the content for a post, what you should be seeing is a panel to the right with suggestions for linking back to content on your own site for better SEO. Please see screenshot. Obviously, this is not the case with Cornerstone.

At this point in time, it appears that the only way to utilize this feature in Yoast is to use the default Wordpress editor (or Gutenberg, or another theme that supports it). But my understanding is that if you do any editing in the default editor then you will not be able to go back to Cornerstone, right?

So my question was whether or not you plan on adding support for this particular feature (via the API that Yoast provides for theme developers).

If this falls under the same category as all those other Yoast related questions then I apologize.

Hi @creatorofstuff,

You can still add the suggested links within cornerstone’s text element. But yes, SEO Yoast may not able to see and anlyze it. That’s the problem when they only analyze the content of the editor and not the actual page (front) of which the search engine usually see.

But yes, this most likely issue between cornerstone and SEO Yoast if we’ll follow the analysis rule imposed by Yoast (through editor). I’ll add this to our issue tracker as I can’t verify the extent of the fix and integration between the two, but I do see some analysis result works as expected (not related to internal linking).

But again, the added links are still visible from search engines if you add it in cornerstone.

Thanks!

Thanks. That’s all I can ask! (That you add it to your issue tracker.) I appreciate it very much. I realize there are probably a gazillion moving parts to keeping a theme and editor up-to-date and you guys do a great job.

You’re most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.