X update ruined site

please review. updating x disappeared all text elements and all cornerstone elements and everything.

already moved the wp-header and wp-footer override to the cranium/legacy folder - but if you hadn’t moved it to begin with, that at least would have still worked.

please review and apply fixes or send fixes via forums. site url, username, ftp and etc are coming via private note.

Hello,

I have checked your site and look that the theme or cornerstone was corrupted because the plugin isn`t working properly. So, you can reinstall both following this article: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-theme-installation/54

Don`t forget that will need to delete the current theme and plugins. Remember too that is necessary to clear the cache after it.

Both were just updated so they should be a clean copy…can’t you please just fix the actual issue?

Hi I uninstalled and reinstalled as instructed but it is still messed up.

Are you sure that it isn’t corrupted due to the updates you applied to the themes?

Please explore in more detail to determine where the problem is, as the site was working 100% before any updates.

Thanks.

Hi there,

This looks like related to cache. These are what I did,

1. I switched to the main theme and the builder and text works (displayed) but of course with missing styling since it’s added in the child theme

2. I switched it back to the child theme and renamed framework folder and functions.php, then removed the CSS in style.css, and there is no change.

I made additional change and even intentionally triggered the error but there is no change at all, hence, it could be due to cache. I checked and your site seems to be hosted in google cloud, is there a way you could purge and clean your site’s cache?

Thanks!

Hi, there is no cache. None on the server, none on the website. No cache is turned on whatsoever, and hasn’t been.

I understand things may show up if you get rid of the child theme - but the child theme was working before X was updated.

The site is not hosted in Google Cloud, I don’t know where you got that information from.

Please review the site again and let me know what is wrong, or fix it.

Thanks!

Hi I noticed that a lot of parameters in the code are showing up as a lot of HTML entities instead of the actual items. Please view the source and see if you can see a problem there.

Also it could be in a problem with changing selector names in the updates and now they are different - check JS and CSS and see if anything was changed there. And check elsewhere also, please look at this as a BIG problem, which it is - my client’s site isn’t working when it was working previously.

thanks!

Hi there,

The cause of the issue is this custom CSS added to your child theme

header.masthead + div {
  height: 400px;
  margin:0 0 0 30px !important;
  max-width: calc(100% - 350px) !important;
  overflow: hidden;
  padding: 0;
  position: absolute;

top: calc(50% - 80px) !important;
  transform: translateY(calc(-50% + 40px));
  -webkit-transform: translateY(calc(-50% + 40px));
  -moz-transform: translateY(calc(-50% + 40px));
  -ms-transform: translateY(calc(-50% + 40px));
  border: 10px solid rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.3);

}

But removing this CSS from your child theme won’t fix it, so I just assumed that it’s due to cache. So what I did is installed a different child theme (fresh and empty copy), then moved your old child theme’s functions.php, images, and style.css, except that I removed that CSS. And it works, you can check it now.

Thanks!

Thank you for finding this…although now it is only half-fixed.

Again, this worked 100% fine before the updates, and the updates caused these problems to start. Something about the way that X is being served or in the code of X or something is causing this code to malfunction, when it worked previously.

Taking this code away effectively ruins how the pages were functioning, when they were functioning properly. The box on the left used to be even with the box on the right, they used to be the same height and set up the same way and they would automatically adjust height/width based on the browser window.

Taking away this CSS makes it so they don’t automagically adjust.

Can you please do some more sleuthing and figure out what exactly was done to the X update, or the Cornerstone update, that is messing up this code and causing it to malfunction?

Again: this website functioned 100% normally BEFORE the updates. Now, Themeco has changed how a lot of things function and it IS NOT WORKING. Please fix.

Thanks.

Hi quiphics,

When we do testing for theme updates, it’s always testing the previous version and the next version with several different combinations of settings. We don’t do any testing with theme customizations, including additional CSS or child theme template updates.

The effect you’re looking to obtain is not a feature of the theme, so not something we’d be taking into consideration. These modifications are not something we can provide support for long term. If it’s no longer working, I would advise you inventory the changes you need and have them redeveloped for the latest version - or further troubleshoot to see if they can be adapted. Regretfully this gets into custom development and is outside the scope of support we can offer.

Hi,

I would like to repeat: everything was working. You messed it up with updates. Please fix it.

I’m no longer in touch with the specific dev who did this. Everything was working fine until you changed your code - which we, as devs, should be able to assume that you WON’T break things when pushing out updates.

So please fix. Thanks.

EDIT:

Why do I see that someone edited stuff in this post but don’t see what or where?