X Theme website load speed optimisations

UPDATED:

Found this theme.co advice

Gzip Compression helped. Cloudfire CDN helped. (Make sure you don’t minify Javascript, CSS, and HTML)

Still looking into javascript file deferral.

Firstly, the website generally loads fairly quickly. I did a quick test using pingdom. See result below:

https://tools.pingdom.com/#!/sc9hE/conallfreeley.com

Does anyone have any tips for those of us that want to further optimise load times? Particularly regarding the js files. Also, I’m using Vimeo to host a video I am using for my main page slider (slider revolution). I appreciate that will slow things down. Perhaps YouTube is faster.

NOTE: have caching turned off as I’m still developing.

Hello Mustashio

Thanks for the link, I need to apply some of those techniques to my customers sites (same as one in link), I found your site loaded quick, was a noticeable pause on the video, sorry have no advice I can offer.

No problem.

Looks like you need to do some image optimisation. Probably help most on your site.

I can’t tell if you are using a theme such as x-theme. If not you might want to minify your js, css and html on cloudflare. x-theme auto minifies files.

Main reason video pauses is to do with Vimeo. In process of transfering video to YouTube. Thanks for letting me know.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.