X Theme Update

Hello!

I validated and uploaded my X Theme a year ago.
Then I had to invalidate my theme.

Coming back my theme needs to be updated, and therefore validated first.
However now I am unable to validate. See screenshot.
How do I validate my code and update when the screen times out?

Hi there,

It looks like you are using X version 5.2.5 and Cornerstone 3.1.6 which are not compatible to each other.

Since your X version if quite outdated and you’re not able to see the correctly validation page due to the incompatibility issue of X and Cornerstone, you would need to manually update both.

To do that, please check this link and follow the steps mentioned for the Manual Updates:

Hope this helps.

I believe I’ve updated my X Theme correctly, but have reason to believe that my cornerstone is still not updated or working correctly.

Can you confirm that I am updated across the board?

Hi Michael,

Your Cornerstone is not updated, you can easily update cornerstone, by deactivating and deleting your current Cornerstone.

Then navigate to X > Validation wait for a few seconds and X will automatically re-install the latest version of Cornerstone (3.3.1) for you.

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

That fixed it!
How do I quickly clear all my caching features?

Hi There,

Please follow the following article.

https://www.themepunch.com/faq/updating-make-sure-clear-caches

If your caching plugin is not listed in there, please consult your caching plugin documentation.

Thanks,

I also have the same problem. I did that the suggested solution. I deleted X theme and reinstall but it said that the license code is not valid.

“We’ve checked the code, but it doesn’t appear to be an Cornerstone purchase code or Themeco license. Please double check the code and try again.”

In the POST, it doesnt not have the cornerstone edit option.

Please Help!

dedeprojects.com

Hello @dehongvo,

Thanks for updating this thread. Please be advised that the X theme licenses cannot be used to validation Cornerstone. I can see that you are suing Cornerstone as a stand alone plugin with Panorama theme in your WP installation. You won;t be able to validate Cornerstone because you do not have a Cornerstone license. You may need to purchase a separate Cornerstone license from Code Canyon (https://codecanyon.net/item/cornerstone-the-wordpress-page-builder/15518868).

The “Edit in Cornerstone” is not appearing maybe because it is disabled. Please go to Cornerstone > Settings > Permissions and make sure that it is enabled to allow to edit the Post.

Hope this helps.

Doesn’t Cornerstone come WITH an X Theme license?
I’ve purchased a bundle of 5 X theme licenses, and only 3 of them are being used.

Hello Michael,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

Yes, you are right. Cornerstone comes with X Theme as built in page builder that can be used to design page layouts.

Having said that, Cornerstone also comes in standalone version. So, if a user is using a different theme and want to use Cornerstone builder, in that case user can purchase a standalone version of Cornerstone and then proceed with the validation process. For this user, X Theme licence won’t work. Same logic applies in the other way round. A user can’t validate X Theme using Cornerstone licence.

Thanks.

Hello @dehongvo,

In case you have further query and to avoid any confusion I request you to please create a new ticket and share the details in the same. Someone from support team will take a look at assist you accordingly.

Thanks for understanding.

Doesn’t Cornerstone come WITH an X Theme license?
I’ve purchased a bundle of 5 X theme licenses, and only 3 of them are being used.

Hi There,

As @Prasant said above, Cornerstone also comes in standalone version.

So the license key of X will not work when you use to validate the Cornerstone plugin.

Regards!

Hella @Prasant

I think I eventually learned what caused the issue. I installed but I never activated.

However, the cornnerstone which automatically came with X theme still not shows up in my post so I could do any setup or edit.

Would you please help?

Hello @dehongvo,

Under X > Settings > Permission > General Click on Posts to activate Cornerstone editing capability on posts. Here’s a screencast that you can take a look.

In case you have further question and as requested in previous reply, please create a new ticket to avoid any confusion.

Thanks.

Thanks so much. I get to blog now.

You’re welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.