X Theme Pro and Domain

Hi there,
So I purchased an X Theme Pro License and installed it to test on my localhost running on WAMP. But, I have a domain registered with Host Gator with which I would like to use the X Theme. I didn’t realize it can only be used on one domain. So my question is…how do I get to install the theme on my registered domain instead of my localhost?

Hello @Lukos1107,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

You need asign the licence to the domain that is mapped with your hostgator account. However, when website is being developed on a staging server you can asign the licence to staging under licence manager. https://screencast.com/t/Yi7GYhZie7Ar

You can find more information on our product validation guide

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply, I’ll check it out

You’re most welcome.

So do I need to revoke validation on the test domain first before I can validate on the registered domain? Just checking first because I don’t want to break anything lol.

This is the error I’m getting on the production site.

Hi there,

Let me clarify few things here first. Each license can be used to validate production and staging servers, so that you don’t have to revoke any license to validate another.

Most probably you’re using an older version of Pro theme, so that our validation process will not initiate correctly. You can check the latest version numbers from here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195).

If you’re still having issues, provide us with your WordPress credentials in a secure note to check this issue.

Thanks!

Hi There,

Upon checking, I see that you don’t have any content on your site. However is it okay if we disable your 3rd party plugins and reset this WordPress installation if needed?

Thanks!

Yes, that’s fine. Do what you gotta do. I also noticed a HTML error when uploading images suddenly. Don’t know if it’s related.

I put the license code and purchase code in a secure message just in case you need it.

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! It seems that you have file permission issues. It seems that your server is not allowing outside connection the other like theme.co or even the wordpress plugin repository. Could you please ask your hosting provider to unblock and enable the connections. Please ask them to help with the following:

• Ensure my site can reach this domain: community.theme.co
  • Ensure cURL is working, and allow_url_fopen is enabled.
  • Ensure PHP is configured with the latest CA Root Certificates.

Please advise on anything you discover. Thank you.

OK so they could not help. The guy ran some code and updated some other things, checked php but nothing worked. I just created a new database and started from scratch. Seems to be working now.

Glad you were able to resolve it :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.