X Theme not properly showing posts

I’m totally new to Wordpress and decided before even trying anything to BUY and install the X-theme (I’m more of a graphical person, so X-theme and Cornerstone looked perfect for me…)

I have created some ‘posts’ with cornerstone (which is working super)
but on the frontpage… they are not showing properly but messed up, showing just 2 images…
strangely enough, once you click on a post…
the post itself appears, perfectly, like i made it and want it to appear.

please check : http://www.superiorcarclean.be/ and scroll down a bit (and then click on some of the posts// to see how they should look)

As I’m new in all this I have no idea why this is happening, and how / where to fix it.
any help is greatly appreciated (thanks !)
Ignace

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!
Can you please post your login details in a secure note so that we can have a look and give you the solution.

Thanks

sure… I had to figure out how to do this…

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! I have logged in and checked your site already. The issue was triggered when you have set up one of the post as Sticky. This could be potentially a bug in this release. I will be reporting this to our developers.

At this moment, I have disabled the Sticky option and the post is displaying already. It is not likely to display how you have laid out in Cornerstone because Cornerstone is a page builder. It is not recommended to use when creating your post. When you do, please make sure that you insert a featured image and manual excerpt because WordPress Auto Excerpt will not generate any excerpt if all the post contents is wrapped with a shortcode which is the Cornerstone formatting shortcode.

I also noticed and I am sure that you used Duplicate Post plugin to duplicate the post and I would not recommend that. The correct way of doing that when using Cornerstone is by utilizing the Cornerstone template feature. You will have to create a post or page and then save the page as a Cornerstone Template. When you create another page/post, you can then simply load the Cornerstone template and have the same page/post layout and continue your edits. Please check out “Working with Templates” in this knowledge base article for more information.

Hope this explains it briefly.

Thanks for explaining some things…
I’m a bit shocked by you saying… cornerstone is a page builder.

I seriously looked around, before buying the X theme (which includes cornerstone) and on your own site promoting cornerstone… It DOES say :
“Cornerstone is an incredibly versatile page builder that works flawlessly on both posts and pages in WordPress.”
on this page : https://theme.co/cornerstone/

I have removed “duplicate post”
I have tried a manual excerpt… which seems to work, but only if, I use filtering (e.g.) per month or so
see : http://www.superiorcarproducts.be/2018/01/
(the manual excerpt shows on “nano shock spray wax”… but all other posts are not showing as they should, and seem to all show the same text instead of text from the respective posts…)

The manual excerpt does not appear on the front page of the website.
I’m only getting posts… showing ‘code’

weird that the front page is showing the posts… differently, then when a filter is applied

maybe I should delete everything (posts I mean) and start all over ?

Hi there,

The Cornerstone works with no problem in single posts. The homepage of your website is a list of the blog posts which shows no Cornerstone option due to complex nature of the builders. All the lists in WordPress are generated from the archive files.

The correct way of adding a proper short description (Excerpt) for posts is to go to each post and add simple text to the Excerpt box. You can find the excerpt box by scrolling down a specific post edit page. For example, I added a sample excerpt for the Fabric post:

Now if you check the homepage you will see it whos the text:

Do the same for the other posts. So the listing will have the Featured Image if you set in the post edit screen and a simple description, if the user clicks to go to the single post page you will see the layout you already added using Cornerstone.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.