X theme issues

Hello,

My Cornerstone updated, but my X theme won’t. It (X theme on my end) looks different now and I can’t seem to revoke the theme, and re-validate it in my site.

Hello @kenyamawusi99,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Upon checking your website I can see that you have updated Cornerstone to the latest version but using quite an old version of X Theme 5.2.5. I suggest you to please take a look at our update guide and scroll to manual updates section to manually update X Theme.

Once you have updated you can validate X Theme. For more information, please take a look at following resource.

Thanks.

Help! I broke my home page while updating the home and footer theme content.

Hi @kenyamawusi99,

I checked and your home page is working, and the footer content too. There are 3 columns in the footer with text content for each. The issue I’m seeing is your slider and it creates space that cover the entire screen size.

Would you mind providing your admin login credentials? For the meantime, please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. If you’re using a caching plugin, clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugin and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Thanks.

Ok, thank you. I provided my login info below.

Hi There,

Your version of X and Cornerstone is not compatible. Please update both X and Cornerstone to the latest version (X 6.3.3 / CS 3.3.3)

Updating Your Themes and Plugins

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Also, update these two themeco extensions X – Content Dock and X – Smooth Scroll

To update the Extensions to the version that is supported by the theme:

- Ensure your theme is validated so Extensions can be installed automatically
- Deactivate and delete the extensions, from the plugins panel.
- On the X > Validation > Extensions locate and install the extensions that you need.
- Visit "Plugins" panel in your Dashboard to activate the newly installed version.

Because all of the plugin settings are stored in the database, and because version 2.x will migrate settings from older versions, its safe to use this method of deleting the previous version. But always keep a backup of your entire site just to be safe.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.