X Theme Agency Demo Items Not Working

Hi I sorted out the post scroller but now wondering how I can globally set my posts to be full width with images like this one
forgot to add screenshots to lat one so …

Hi @businessbackpacker,

Thanks for reaching out.

It looks like cache related issue, it will affect the loading of any feature including the pages in your last screenshot. Please clear them, and for the meantime, please provide your site’s URL and admin login credentials in a secure note so we could verify.

As for blog page, it’s a blog page (archive page) and you can’t edit it in the cornerstone. Wordpress take over that page to be set as the index page for posts, it only uses the URL of the page you assigned as the blog page. Hence, editing it will have no effect.

Would you mind clarifying the last one (page structure and sidebar)? Or is it the page scrolling that you’re referring?

And for a post with a fullwidth display, it’s a post specific feature and you can’t apply it globally. Please edit your selected post and go to Ethos post settings, then toggle on Index Featured Post Layout, then choose Index Featured Post Size the size you preferred.

Thanks!

Hi Thanks for your reply. Sorry I don’t want to give out my password last time I got hacked and I am being more careful as there was some spyware or whatever in my machine.

1. I meant how do I control which pages my sidebar shows up on. It is showing up on too many. Then, when I try to go onto each page, can’t open it in cornerstone bc the page doesn’t show in my menu.
    If I go Page> Cornerstone, it also opens just a running list of pages rather than that particular page

2. In regards to the full width display, I only want it for the image, and I know I can do it per post, but I have hundreds of posts. So, that is not an option. Is there some custom CSS I can use to make the default?

3. I have made several posts to show in the blog scroll but it will only show two. How do I increase this number setting?

4. Lastly, My “Like & Share” facebook Like has gone away and so have my comments. See screenshot, it is just blank. Please see screenshot.

Cheers thanks for your help.

sorry by “blog scroll” I mean the slider that shows featured blog posts

sorted out number three. Don’t know tho how to make all images so they aren’t cropped by this theme.
Portfolio is looking weird as are all of my images within EVERY post and also every Related Post

Hi There,

Upon checking your website, I could see that your X theme is still in version 6.0.4.

Could you please update your X theme & Cornerstone plugin to the latest version?

https://theme.co/changelog/

Let us know how it goes!

I have made all updates and there are no changes please help with the following items

In regards to the full width display, I only want it for the image, and I know I can do it per post, but I have hundreds of posts. So, that is not an option. Is there some custom CSS I can use to make the default?

I have made several posts to show in the blog scroll but it will only show two. How do I increase this number setting?

Lastly, My “Like & Share” facebook Like has gone away and so have my comments. See screenshot, it is just blank. Please see screenshot.

Cheers thanks for your help.

Secure Note

businessbackpacker
20h
sorry by “blog scroll” I mean the slider that shows featured blog posts

Secure Note

businessbackpacker
20h
sorted out number three. Don’t know tho how to make all images so they aren’t cropped by this theme.
Portfolio is looking weird as are all of my images within EVERY post and also every Related Post

Hi,

1. To make the image full width, you can add the code below in Theme Options > CSS

.blog .x-main .hentry.has-post-thumbnail>.entry-wrap,
.blog .x-main .hentry>.entry-featured {
     float:none;
    width:100%;
}

.blog .x-main .hentry>.entry-featured {
   margin-bottom:20px;
}

1. You can increase the number of posts under Settings > Reading

1. With regards to like and share, regretfully, we cannot provide support for third party plugins or scripts as our support policy in the sidebar states due to the fact that there is simply no way to account for all of the potential variables at play when using another developer’s plugin or script. Because of this, any questions you have regarding setup, integration, or troubleshooting any piece of functionality that is not native to X will need to be directed to the original developer.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hi Thanks for the first one it was one of my questions but the others remain unanswered:

1. Changing portfolio image size to show full image of product
  2. Showing my comments

Thanks!!

Hi @businessbackpacker,

1. Please add this CSS as well,
.page-template-template-layout-portfolio .x-iso-container.cols-2 .entry-cover {
    padding-bottom: 67%;
}
  1. There is no code for comment section at all, perhaps it’s disabled in admin. If it’s just not working then at least it should have a comment code but just hidden. Would you mind providing your login credentials in a secure note?

Thanks!

Hi Sorry this doesn’t work. I want them to show like the narrow one with the post title overlay as it would if they were all like the top image (The 100 dollar question). Also the images are only resizing a cropped one so it looks dumb.

Hey @businessbackpacker,

I’m sorry for the confusion here but applying the Featured Post style to regular posts would require a significant amount of CSS and template customization. Doing the custom development is outside the scope of our support. One tip I can give that would require minimum effort is you run a MySQL command in your database program like PHPMyAdmin and set all _x_ethos_index_featured_post_layout values to on.

Here’s the command:

UPDATE wp_postmeta SET meta_value = 'on' WHERE meta_key = "_x_ethos_index_featured_post_layout";

Here’s a screencast demonstrating what I described. If you’re not sure how to do this, you need to hire a developer.

For the Portfolio Image Size, I’m sorry for the confusion on this also. You don’t need CSS for this. There’s an option to disable Portfolio Image Cropping in Theme Options > Portfolio.

Hope that helps and thank you for understanding.

Hi Sorry but I already have Portfolio selected as Off. that is why I am asking bc it doesn’t work

Also, for the MySQL, I am trying to access via my server and it is not allowing me into PHP files even though I have permissions. Do I need to access this through FTP?
I understand the process but not how to get to the second screen with the upload of text and edit. Thanks!

I had to rework the sql code to get my path to match but the command still comes up NULL

Thank you Rad this seemed to be the fix for the portfolio!

Glad you were able to resolve it :slight_smile:

I am still having problems with the above explained issues:

Global setting for Blog Photo size
All other photos sizing is WAY too small
Comments not showing

All of the settings and defaults are correct, but I need additional code to make them look right. See screenshots above.

Comments - I have the settings to view comments and also the post settings allow, and ALL plugins for comments are off, and they do not show. Nor do any of my external social like buttons. Please read above comments I replied to each and nobody has gotten back to me. Thank you!

Hey @businessbackpacker,

Regarding your issue about the blog photo size and being small, I have previously said that this would require custom development which is outside the scope of our support. The layout you need is a design of Integrity Standard blog layout. You might want to switch to Integrity. See the links below:

http://demo.theme.co/integrity-5/blog/
http://demo.theme.co/integrity-2/blog/

That is not possible in Ethos. If you wish to continue using Ethos, you need to enable the Index Featured Post Layout post setting. We could neither provide customization nor help with enabling the feature through database command. I have provided a tip or guide to give you an idea. If this could not be done by you, you should consider hiring a developer.

Regarding the Portfolio, sorry for the confusion about this in my previous reply and I just want to add additional info. The Cropped Featured Image option works in Ethos. However, Ethos’ Portfolio displays a uniform sized grids with fixed aspect ratio by design so overriding the grid item’s aspect ratio is necessary to match the aspect ratio of your image which is set as a background. This is why it looks cropped without the CSS even the Cropped Featured Image setting is disabled. Also, unless you’ll be sticking with the tablet background image for your portfolio items, consider using Integrity as well as changing or adding a new portfolio item that uses a different featured image aspect ratio, the provided CSS code won’t work. It will still crop the image.

The Integrity stack does not set the featured image as a background so the Cropped Featured Image setting will visually work.

Regarding your comments disappearing, please give us WP admin access in a Secure Note so we could check your setup. I recommend that you do this in a separate thread though in order to avoid confusion.

Thanks.

Hello I replied to above with secure note with login details for fixing comments section

Hi,

The login provided doesn’t seem to work so we can’t check your settings.

To force the comments section to show up, you can try adding the code below in your child theme’s functions.php

add_filter( 'comments_open', '__return_true');

Hope that helps