X Pro Editor/Cornerstone isn't loading

Hi,

Cornerstone was not loading on my site, so I upgraded to pro, hoping that the upgrade would fix the issue. Now, the editor still isn’t loading. I’ve tried deactivation of plugins, increasing my disk quota and increasing my monthly bandwidth, in hopes that would fix the issue. Please advise what info you need in order to help me. Edit: I also just discovered that if I create a new page and select the pro editor from there, it kicks back over to the wordpress editor- doesn’t even load the forever spinning load wheel.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Hello @ancorakim,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

In this case as you have upgraded to Pro, have you deleted Cornerstone plugin? Also do you see any error message in browser console? Other then that please refer following thread for possible solution:

Kindly let us know.

Thanks.

@Prasant The issue was happening before we upgraded to Pro. We upgraded to Pro in hopes it would resolve the issue. Unfortunately, it did not. We deactivated and deleted cornerstone so this could not be the source of the issue. Unfortunately, my access is denied to the link you provided. Please advise.

Hello There,

Would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation. Once you have provided us with your URL, we will be happy to assist you with everything.

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

Thank you.

There’s no option to reply with a secure note. Will the option to hide a portion of the reply be secure? Thanks!

Hi There,

No. Please only share credentials on a secure note. See this: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288 under Secure Note. Look for the key icon, once click, it will show popup to enter those sensitive information.

There is no option to reply on secure note to any of the Staff replies. The only option is inline reply. @Lely

Hello There,

Thank you for providing the login credentials. I have logged in and I found out that your have Hummingbird and WP SUper Cache installed. After doing any update, you must clear all the plugin caches and regenerate all those minified JS and CSS scripts. I would recommend that that after clearing it, please try to temporarily deactivate this plugins to test your site and the Content Editor.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank you, that was it.

To anyone else reading this thread because they have a similar issue, we did determine that if we want to keep Hummingbird, we will need to deactivate it everytime we edit. Then reactivate when we’re done.

You’re welcome!
We’re glad we were able to help you out.

I’m having the same issue and I don’t have Hummingbird downloaded. I have WP Smush and I tried deactivating it, but the problem still occurs. I can’t edit anything in Pro or see anything in the preview.

JS and CSS minification are deactivated on WP Rocket. The editor started somewhat working but when I tried to load it fully, I get this message:

The preview was unresponsive after loading. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing.

Hello There,

Thanks for updating this thread. Are you using CloudFlare? Please make sure that you are using the recommended CloudFlare settings in this link: https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/

At this time we kindly ask that you open up your issue in a separate thread along with your login credentials if necessary. The longer threads get in the forum, they become more difficult to support as they tend to drift off topic and they also make it troublesome for users trying to search for solutions. Keeping threads relevant to their original inquiry ensures that we can keep better track of what has been resolved and that users can more effectively find answers to similar issues they might be experiencing.

Thank you.

This has been an issue with the since the first update in October of this year. Before that they both worked just fine.

This is an issue for both Pro and X

1 Like

Hi there,

In the initial release of the update, there were some bugs that were causing the issue but most of them are already addressed in the newly released updates.

Would you mind making sure if you have the latest version of Cornerstone and X? Also we have a new article that contains information for troubleshooting X and Cornerstone:

If already did the steps mentioned in the article, kindly post a new thread and provide us with the specific information about the issues.

Thank you.

@Jade I have already made a new thread for this here. Yes all of my plugin, theme, wordpress are all current. This started happening as I said in the last 3 weeks. It is only an issue with SSL based sites. The sites are only setup and configured for SSL as the protocol so no HTTP.

This is the same problem I have. Using Pro. There is no sign of a cornerstone plugin and I can’t find it without purchasing it separately. I have two licenses for X and one for Pro (on a third site)

Once you have X installed and activated then you can install cornerstone. It will show up on the left side under the “X” -> Overview page. At the bottom you will see extensions there you should see conerstone.

Hi All,

Thanks @mobeus, someone will be along to assist asap.

@bryanparris, Pro doesn’t use Cornerstone. Installing Cornerstone with Pro and activating would cause a fatal error. What you know as Cornerstone, is within Pro in a more advanced state powering part of the underlying architecture.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.