Error loading cornerstone

So there is another like thread here here.

Ever since the updates for X or Pro in October I am unable to edit content due to errors. If I disable the plugin HummingBird Pro it will work fine. This was working without issues before. I have narrowed down the issues to sites that re running SSL for all content and on either Nginx or Apache. Non-SSL sites seem to be uneffected.

I will attach some chrome content logs so you can see the errors. The only errors seem to be coming from files within the cornerstone directory specifically cs-vendor./js and cs.js.

All of my plugins, theme, wordpress are all current most recent updates available. This started happening as I said in the last 3 weeks. It is only an issue with SSL based sites. The sites are only setup and configured for SSL as the protocol so no HTTP.

Here is the output from the chrome console.

new x software sucks. cornerstone no longer works. was going to switch to a different theme + cornerstone but now i want new software altogether. they have done nothing but ruin their software over the past number of months

1 Like

I have not used those but since we made the switch to X and Pro and handle or manage over 250 sites we will not be making changes anytime soon.

eeesh that is going to suck as x and pro continue to degrade and you are forced to switch at a later point…

I don’t feel the same way. The support is great and they continue to improve and refine both X and Pro. The look and the feel have changed but the functionality has improved and been streamlined.

Hey @mobeus,

Thanks for writing in! You are experiencing this because of the minification and cache of Hummingbird. Right after the update, please make sure to clear the cache and regenerate the minified JS/CSS files in Hummingbird before testing the site. With Hummingbird, even the slight changes in your content or change settings, you will have to clear the cache and regenerate to make sure that your changes will take place on the front end.

I also submitted this thread to our issue tracker so that our developers can investigate further as to what can be done to improve Cornerstone’s performance with Hummingbird or related plugin is active.

Best Regards.

Clearing cache does not help with this issue at all. The addon must be disabled for cornerstone to work.

Okay Great.
Thanks for letting us know.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.