X and Pro WPML issue: translation gets overwritten by the change made on the native language

Hi,

this is an issue that I am facing on all my WPML sites. I just haven’t noticed it before, as I am mostly translating WP Blog posts, not Cornerstone pages. But now I had to do this with pages, and I see the issue:

I have set up a new test page:

https://www.outwardboundcroatia.com/wpml-test-page-hr/

Its content is Test HR Language 1.

Then I have created the translation of it:

https://www.outwardboundcroatia.com/en/wpml-test-page-en/

This one was translated to Test ENG Language 1.

But, when I have changed the content of the HR page, that content appeared on the EN page, overwriting the HR content.

I have tried with all plugins turned off and played with it a lot. So far I have no solution to resume work.

Is this a bug that is going to be solved, or something else is going on?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Misho

Please start by updating the theme and Cornerstone and WPML plugin to the latest stable version, you can follow this guide when updating theme/plugins:

I can’t reproduce this issue at my localhost with the latest versions of these plugins installed.

Thanks.

Hi, sorry about that. I have updated the site and it didn’t solved the issue.

I have originally noticed this on other site that was fully updated. I have turned off all other plugins, turned off all caching, etc. I have no more solutions.

I now think that this issue may arise when the switcher is used inside Cornerstone, the one in bottom-right corner, with the option to copy over the original language while creating the translation. It seems that content stays synchronized upon changes made to the native language.

Thanks!

Hi Misho,

Thank you for the information. I added a test page and I encountered the same problem. I added this to our issue tracker. Thank you for bringing our attention to this issue.

If there is a bug from our side our development team will work on this to have a fix in the future releases.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.