WPML translated pages don't open in cornerstone anymore

I am trying to edit translated pages in cornerstone. It used to work, but now it doesn’t anymore.

Now it shows: The preview could not load. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing. Checking the developer console for errors could indicate what went wrong.

Any solutions?
Thanks!

Hello Lea,

Thanks for posting in! Could you confirmed that you have updated to the latest versions?
Our latest versions are:

• X theme 6.3.8
  • Cornerstone 3.3.8

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog (http://theme.co/changelog/).

_After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.-

If you wouldn’t mind, please provide us access to your site. You may create a secure note in your next reply and insert the credentials. To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Please let us know how it goes.

Hello,
thank you for the reply. I have the latest x Theme Version (6.3.8). Do I have to update cornerstone manually? If yes, how can I do that? I didn’t find the version number of cornerstone. I sent you my login details in a secure note.
Thank you!

Hi Lea,

I checked and your cornerstone is already updated. But I checked your WPML setting and it’s not set for manual translation. Please check this and follow the recommended setup https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/wpml-issue/48740

Thanks!

Hi, thank you, but I already tried it and when I set it to manually, nothing works. I can’t even open a new English page in cornerstone once. When I set it to not manually (independent which of the other two possibilities I chose) , I can open a new page once, edit it once, and then never edit it again. Doesn’t make sense, I know, but I spent hours on trying things, you can try it yourself. Any other ideas?

What I found out that might help you, is that cornerstone does open if I leave the template that I can choose on quick edit of a page set on standard. If I change it to no container I header I footer, the page doesn’t open in cornerstone.

Hello Lea,

Could you please double the WP credentials so that we can login. At the moment, we are redirected to WordPress.com site and the credentials doesn’t seem to be working for us. We need to log and check your page settings and test Cornerstone.

Thank you in advance.

Hi, to be sure I changed the password and changed it in the secure note for you. This combination is definitely
working for me.

Hey Lea,

I’m sorry but I get the same login issue as Ruenel described. Please check if there are restrictions especially location related restrictions. Please disable them while this issue is happening.

Thanks.

I have no idea what I can do. Anyone else I gave that login data was able to login, and also am I, also from other computers. I didn’t change any security settings and I wouldn’t even know where to do so. Are we talking about the same login: The login to my Wordpress account? Or do you need my themeco/Envato login? And what exactly is the problem?

Hi Lea,

Before we continue, may I know which page was translated before in English but not working now? I checked your pages and posts and they are not yet translated.

Or are you referring to Gutenberg layout and it’s blocking the ability to edit it with the builder?

Just need to confirm before I’ll try the duplication of pages for translation.

Thanks!

Hi, I deleted the not working pages, and translated every page in a new “German” page now. I save them as templates and when the problem is solved I copy them into the English pages. I create a translation page of “über uns” called “about us” for you, so that you can see the problem.

When you click on edit “about us” with cornerstone now, you get that error message, because I have set the settings in the way you told me to. If I set it to not manual I could edit it once and then never again.

Hi Lea,

Would you mind providing a video recording of how you exactly edit the English page? No matter what I tried, it works and there is no error.

Thanks!

Very simple: I pressed the + next to the German page, went to my English pages and pressed "edit with cornerstone "

I know what you mean, sometimes it looks like your screenshot (sometimes when I try the same there is an error message, even if I don’t change a thing, but anyway). But I want it full screen, not in a container like you see it now. When I change the template in QuickEdit from standard to No container, header, footer it doesn’t work.

Hey Lea,

It looks like you already have solved the layout issue. It’s fullwidth already when I checked it.

Sorry for the login confusion earlier. I was logged in to another account WordPress.com account.

I checked the WPML issue and there is a 500 Internal Server Error when accessing cornerstone-endpoint only in the translated page. Please see my screencast in the secure note.

Please contact your host to check why cornerstone-endpoint is blocked. Usually, that is whitelisted from Mod Security setting.

Thanks.

I didn’t change anything, the layout problem is not solved and as soon as I change the template the same error message occurs = > same problem as in the beginning. Is that also due to the host problem?

I’m hosting my website with Wordpress. They don’t answer questions about bought themes and plugins. What can I do? The second plugin theme recommends for translations is qtranslate x but it is very old. Other plugins are not working with x theme.

Would you mind providing a screenshot of what you see on your end? As said previously the layout works on my end. It looks like the issue happens in smaller screens like in the screenshot below? In that case, you will need to add additional gap element to your third column in the specific screen width.

Regarding the translation issue, I’m sorry but this is a server configuration issue and we don’t have control over the server. In addition to cornerstone-endpoint being blocked, your permalink or htaccess configuration might also be adding to the issue.

I suspected the permalink configuration because when I switched your permalink to default, translation worked. Please watch the screencast in the secure note.

If you can copy your site to another host and translation works there even with pretty permalinks enabled, that will provide further proof that there’s something in WordPress.com that is causing the issue. If it still does not work in another server, it could be or there could be something in your WordPress install that is causing the issue.

I’m also not saying that you ask for theme support to WordPress.com. What I said was to ask their support if:

Do you also have FTP or server access? Please ask your host for the credentials and post it here also so maybe we could find something in your config that is possibly causing the issue.

Thanks.