WPML Issue

Hi,
the video manual is great, thanks. But when i start to translate the Startpage (Homepage) instead of

i see this:

what can i do. Other pages were translated this way seemed ok…

Thanks
Cy.

Hi Cy,

Thanks for reaching out.

From the looks of it, it’s a redirection which probably related to WPML settings. First, please do these

1. Go to Admin > Settings > Permalinks and make sure the permalink doesn’t have /index.php

1. Then go to Admin > WPML > Languages > Language URL format and make sure the setting is the same in this screenshot.

Note: You must go to Admin > Settings > Permalinks and re-save it to make sure the permalinks are updated along with this new URL format.

1. On the same setting Admin > WPML > Languages, turn off the browser redirect

1. If you have WPML Translation Management installed then please go to Admin > WPML > Settings and make sure it’s set to Manual translation.

Optional (depends on the issue you’re getting)

A) Go to Admin > WPML > Settings > Post Types Translation and make sure header, footer, portfolio, and other post types are translatable.

B) If you’re having a template issue (selected template is not taking effect on the translated page) then please go to Admin > WPML > Settings > Posts and pages synchronization and make sure the option Synchronize page template in unchecked.

Hope these helps, Thanks!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.