WPML some elements not translating

Hello!

Thanks for the x theme in combination with pro and x, It definitely upgrades my webbuilder skills. One thing tough I notice some problems with cornerstone in combination with wpml plugin. Some elements wont show up in the editor of wpml. So they cant be translated. Is there a solution for this challenge?

Thanks!

George

Hi there,

Would you please kindly be more specific on the problem you are experiencing with WPML? It is not possible to individually translate elements in Cornerstone, WPML adds a page for each language which you can start over for that specific language.

But please kindly read this article beforehand as we have few culprits regarding the compatibility which our development team is working on:

Thank you.

Hello I understand, that WPML is not compatible with Header and Footer builder, but I have a problem with elements of a single page. WPML does not recognize parts of FEATURE LIST element. I do not have the possibility to translate the “link text” and “href”.

Hi there,

Would you mind clarifying the issue you’re getting? How about a video recording?

With WPML, you create a two or multiple version of your page (like 2 page for 2 languages, which means 1 page per each language). Hence, you don’t translate it per element’s value, you translate it by changing the entire content.

Example, in your English page, add your feature list element with English text and link, then in your German page, add your feature list with German text and link. In WPML, you don’t translate the same page content for multiple languages, you create multiple pages with different contents.

Thanks!

I apologize for my English, I tried to create printscreens and hope that they will show you what my problem is.

Hi there,

Please don’t translate it that way. Please check this video https://www.dropbox.com/s/5oq0a5f7s2fd852/CornerstoneTranslation.mp4?dl=0 (If the login popup appears then please close it, then you may download the video for better quality)

Thanks.

1 Like

Oh, I hoped duplicating will not be necessary. That is how I did the web translation before, even without the WPML plugin. I thought that WPMLs main advantage was the possibility to have one content with several text translations. Well, if there is no other solution, I have to duplicate. Anyway, thanks for the response, you guys have always been very helpful.

Hi there,

Other plugins do that, like Polylang or qTranslate, but with WPML, it separate pages per language(hidden post types) so it’s not usual not to use that main feature.

And you’re welcome!

Thanks!

I have the same problem. And I don’t think, I want to translate pages by duplicating them. The translation management offered by wpml is perfect.

Is there any way to make the v2 elements show up in wpml translation management?
Funny thing is: It worked seamlessly with the old cornerstone elements. But the new v2 elements don’t show up in wpml translation management.
Are you planning on supporting it in the future?

Hi there @stefanstrassburger,

WPML Integration for the V2 Elements, Content Builder/Header builder/Footer builder was added in Pro 1.2.4 and Cornerstone 2.1.4 (if using X). Which you can see via the changelog here: https://theme.co/changelog/

If you still have issues translating the elements and have everything up to date, please open a new thread/topic and we’d be happy to help.

Thanks!