WPML and Pro Elements

Hi

I want to translate my Page from english to german. When I use the + button to translate text, wpml will not recognise Pro Elements and their corresponding text. Instead it gives me something like:

[cs_content][cs_element_section _id=“1” ][cs_element_row _id=“2” ][cs_element_column _id=“3” ][cs_element_headline _id=“4” ][/cs_element_column][/cs_element_row][cs_element_row _id=“5” ][cs_element_column _id=“6” ][cs_element_text _id=“7” ][/cs_element_column][/cs_element_row][/cs_element_section][cs_element_section _id=“8” ][cs_element_row _id=“9” ][cs_element_column _id=“10” ][cs_element_headline _id=“11” ][/cs_element_column][/cs_element_row][cs_element_row _id=“12” ][cs_element_column _id=“13” ][cs_element_headline _id=“14” ][cs_element_text _id=“15” ][cs_element_button _id=“16” ][/cs_element_column][/cs_element_row][cs_element_row _id=“17” ][cs_element_column _id=“18” ][cs_element_headline _id=“19” ][cs_element_text _id=“20” ][cs_element_button _id=“21” ][/cs_element_column][/cs_element_row][cs_element_row _id=“22” ][cs_element_column _id=“23” ][cs_element_headline _id=“24” ][cs_element_text _id=“25” ][cs_element_button _id=“26” ][/cs_element_column][/cs_element_row][/cs_element_section][/cs_content]

What do I need to configure, so that I can translate?

I am using the PRO & WPML

Cheers

Hi @FrankG1001,

I assume it was translated this way https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmmyU6MtXY8. Where it only search visible strings and replace it. And it was not really translated within the builder before. And it seems like it based on the existing old content.

For that, I recommend translating it within the builder. Example, switch to English page and save it as a Template, then switch to German page and import the saved English template. Then edit it and translate the content of the German page.

This is an old video for old cornerstone, and it should be translated that way even before

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

The video won’t play.

Hi @threeoten,

It should be this
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5oq0a5f7s2fd852/CornerstoneTranslation.mp4?dl=0, the forum automatically convert the video URL into embedded video.

Thanks!

Hi Rad,

thanks for the video. For me this is a total disappointment. You are not using 95% of the WPML Features, you are just working around it.

Best

Hello Frank,

@Rad has demonstrated the best way possible to be able you to translate pages built with Cornerstone.

If you were referring to the plus button next to the page in the Pages section like the image below:

will only give you the WPML side by side translation. And this is not recommended because the resulting translated German and Spanish page (for example) will not be editing in Cornerstone. Please be aware that only pages created in Cornerstone can be edited in Cornerstone and that is why you will have to duplicate the page first and then you will edit in Cornerstone. Having it this way, the English, German and Spanish pages will be editable in Cornerstone.

Hope this helps.

Hi

the video suggests the usage of cornerstone. For Pro cornerstone is deactivated, the pro editor itself is used. How to handle that combination with the duplication of the page.

Is there a official recommendation what tool to use for translations?

Best

Hello Frank,

The video is using Cornerstone because the active theme is X theme. If you are using Pro theme, the same steps apply with the exemption that you are using the Pro Editor and not Cornerstone. Actually Pro editor is Cornerstone plugin being integrated in Pro theme which is why the same steps would apply.

Hope this helps.

Is there a way to get the shortcodes and attributes of the X and Pro V2 Elements? I would like to embed them in the xpml-config file, so they are editable. If successful I would share it.

Hi Frank,

It’s not possible, it should be done with manual translation. What you’re trying to achieve is by using advanced translation or at least similar and it’s where you edit the short code and contents. But manual translation is a must for it to work, please check this recommended setting https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/wpml-issue/48740, and this related thread https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/translating-website-pro-with-wpml/41383/3 where advanced translation is shown in the screenshot which isn’t working.

Thanks!

I dont have the “translate manually” option. Might be the newer wpml version…

One Step further now. I am having the same issue as described here: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/wpml-issue/48740

All Settings are as you posted.

One page I can create the german page (like first image)
Another page just leads me to the second image as in the post (see abovee)

Options?

Hello Frank,

Would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? We want to investigate your pages and its settings why you cannot translate a page.

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

Hi Frank,

The current versions you’re using are causing internal error and it’s known issue. Please try downgrading your WPML plugins to this version

WPML Multilingual CMS - 4.0.6
WPML String Translation - 2.8.6
WPML Translation Management - 2.6.7

Thanks!

Thanks Rad,

I think I might have asked before. Since Pro is such a popular theme, there must be a recommendation from themeco how to get the theme multi lingual. It cant really be “just downgrading” advice. If I downgrade, will e.g. the wpml database be corrupted?

What is the official recommended multiligual tool from themeco? This is already far from “easy” maintanable

Best Frank

Hey Frank,

We’re sorry for the inconvenience but downgrading is the only solution as of this time.

We could not say if something would break in WPML if you downgrade because it is not our product. The WPML support would be the best people to answer this.

But, users who have downgraded WPML and the WPML addons didn’t report further issues.

The official recommendation is to use WPML to make your site multilingual. Unfortunately, there’s this conflict with the later versions. Please stay tuned for updates.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.