Wp-login.php with Theme My Login (TML)

Hi there, I’m using X-Theme (X5) with Theme My Login (TML) since I’ve started my site. Since a few months ago (with a serie of updates on X5), wp-login.php stopped working. For now, every time I point to wp-login.php I’m redirected to TML’s Login Page.

If I disable TML then I can access my wp-login.php page, but I would like to have both options. My subscribers use TML Login Page, and I use wp-login.php to access my Admin Dashboard and do my Administrator chores.

Please let me know if you can help me, cheers!

Hi There,

Thanks for writing around! It sounds like you might be having an issue with a third party plugin. Regretfully, we cannot provide support for third party plugins or scripts as our support policy in the sidebar states due to the fact that there is simply no way to account for all of the potential variables at play when using another developer’s plugin or script. Because of this, any questions you have regarding setup, integration, or troubleshooting any piece of functionality that is not native to X will need to be directed to the original developer.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hi there,

I assume you didn’t read very well my topic. This was working perfectly until some update on the X-Theme (not on any other plugin). I’ve attempted on my staging site to have ONLY X-Theme and TML, and it doesn’t allow me to access wp-login.php as it used to work before 5.x updates.

If it was working before (with all my plugins) but doesn’t work any longer, it’s for sure because of some update on X5 and not with anything else.

Hi there,

Thank you for your reply. I totally understand the situation here but please consider that we do not support any conflict with 3rd party plugins unless it is one of our recommended plugins.

Anyway, to be of a help kindly follow the steps below:

1. Change the theme from X to default WordPress theme and see if it works ok.
  2. Try to use alternative methods such as our white label plugin:
    https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/extension-white-label/91

Thank you for your understanding.

Hi there,

Thank you for your reply, but again I think people is replying without reading. The problem is NOT with any plugin, but something has changed on the X-Theme code, that doesn’t allow me to use wp-login.php when I have TML installed. It was working just fine until X-Theme 5.1.X but it doesn’t work anymore since X-Theme 5.2(.X).

I repeat, nothing els has changed on TML or any of my other plugins. I’ve tested on Dev & Staging Environments with only the X-Theme installed, and as soon as I activate TML the wp-login.php starts redirecting to mysite.com/login/ (the page set by TML).

I’ve also contacted TML’s Developer, in order to know if something has changed on his side, but it didn’t change anything since nearly 1 year ago. So obviously the problem isn’t a plugin conflict, but some code has changed on X-Theme that is making this behaviour.

Hi there,

Sorry for the confusion, but we read it :slight_smile: . You said that it could be due to our theme’s update and your TML plugin, so we just provided a troubleshooting instruction to confirm it. And it’s by testing a different theme.

We could do that troubleshooting if you like, but allow us to change your active theme for testing. And please provide your site’s URL and login credentials in a secure note.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.