Wp-admin not able to login anymore

Hello, I#m not able to login to my website anymore.

I get the following error:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thespots/kitesurfspot-vietnam.com/wp-content/plugins/convertplug_bk/modules/modal/themes/index.php:1) in /home/thespots/kitesurfspot-vietnam.com/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1251

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thespots/kitesurfspot-vietnam.com/wp-content/plugins/convertplug_bk/modules/modal/themes/index.php:1) in /home/thespots/kitesurfspot-vietnam.com/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1254

So the problem seems to be the convertplus plugin. I this problem already known with you and do you know how to solve it?

website can be found at https://kitesurfspot-vietnam.com

Thanks in advance.

Hi @SchoonhovenOntwerpSt,

Thanks for writing in!

It seem that you are viewing the PHP warning message which has affected your WP dashboard. Please disable the debug mode. You can do this by opening wp-config.php and adding

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

When you revisit the page, you should no longer be seeing this PHP warning messages.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hello thanks for your reply. I changed it as advised but now all I get is white screen. In other words, I´m still not able to login.

With kind regards,

Jeroen

I just renamed the file convertplus again and then I´m able to login again so clearly there is something going on with the convertplus plugin. Unfortunately also on my other website https://thespot-srilanka.com I had problems with this plugin (out of the blue) a few months ago. That issue is still not resolved either. I´m considering now to remove the whole plugin since it seems like it messus up my websites. Do you have more complaints about this or am I the only one having these problems?

With kind regards,

Jeroen.

Hi Jeroen,

We did not get any other report regarding this issue. Did you add some customization to the ConvertPlus plugin or any addons?

I have also tried to check in my local setup and I am not able to replicate the issue you mentioned. Is there a chance that you can zip the convertplus directory that you have and send us a download link to the file so that we can check it?

Thank you.

Hello, I will try to zip it and send you the download link. As far as I know I didn’t make any customizations. And the only addon I use is with Sendinblue mail.

Thanks.

With kind regards,

Jeroen.

Hello Jeroen,

I have downloaded and installed the ConvertPlus plugin you have sent us. I could not replicate any issues nor encountered any error on both of my test servers. Please check your PHP version and make sure that you have meet the requirements to run WordPress as stated in this page: https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/. Out dated server settings might be the cause of the issue.

Would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look at your WP settings? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation.

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

• FTP Hostname
  • FTP Username
  • FTP Password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

I will create an account now. Thanks for looking into the issue. I looked at my php version etc. Everything is up to date, just changed from 7.2 to 7.3 php version all others were already up to date.

With kind regards,

Jeroen

Hi Jeroen,

Thank you for the credentials, but I cannot access the login page, this /wp-admin/ this cause a white screen and /wp-login.php cause the error below.

ERROR: Cookies are blocked due to unexpected output. For help, please see this documentation or try the support forums.

Please do the following,

• Login to your server via FTP
  • Rename the plugins folder under `\wp-content\ directory, this will deactivate all your plugins, if this resolves the issue, that means one or multiple plugins is causing the error and not the Theme.
  • The error you post above pointing the ConvertPlus plugin, couple of things can cause your ConvertPlus is not updated, which is true because when I take a look on your zip file its version 3.4.2, while the latest Convert Plus is version 3.4.5
  • I advise that you completely delete your current ConvertPlus plugin and reinstall it from X > Validations > Extensions, but before you reinstall it please navigate back to \wp-content\ directory and rename back the plugins folder to plugins.
  • After you reinstall the ConvertPlus, activate it and see if the error did not get back.
  • If succeeded, activate all your plugins one by one, the issue might be a conflict between ConvertPlus and another plugin, so keep an eye on that.
  • Clear any caching plugin/feature you might have.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Hello, so I just deleted the whole plugin and reinstalled it, everything seems to be working now again.
Thanks for your help. If you like you can login now and maybe see if there are other things causing problems.

Thanks.

With kind regards,

Jeroen

Hello Jeroen,

Yes, I am able to login too and it redirected me to cart page. I didn’t see any unusual issue. I cannot access anything on the admin. It just redirect to cart page.

Hello Lely,

Sorry your right I didn’t give any permissions, I changed it now so now you should have full access.

With kind regards,

Jeroen.

Hello Jeroen,

Thanks for updating the thread.

Upon login I cleared Autoptimize and WP Fastest cache and ConvertPlus seems to be working fine. I would suggest you to use one caching plugin between Autoptimize and WP Fastest cache, using multiple cache plugin causes conflicts which ultimately potential issues on website.

Thanks.

OK thank you. What is in your opinion the best cache plugin to use? I still find my website quite slow to load.

Thanks.

With kind regards,

Jeroen.

Hi Jeroen,

Glad to hear your ConvertPlus is fixed now.

Regarding your site performance, you can follow some of our suggestions provided here.

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Thanks,

Thanks for that, I will look into it.

With kind regards,

Jeroen.

You are most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.