Wordpress upload fail due to "no tags"

When I try to upload the correct (read: wordpress) zip file to Wordpress.org it fails and says, “The theme has no tags. Add a Tags: line to your style.css file and upload the theme again. Theme Style Sheets” Any help?

Hello @kuiper337,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

I am quite confused and concerned with with your question and screenshot. Can you please elaborate exactly what your are trying to do? The screenshot you have shared is to publish a theme into WordPress.org theme repository. Which let’s me to come at two situations.

1. Publish X Theme at WordPress.org theme repo: In case you are trying to publish our theme at WordPress.org theme repo, let me tell you that it’s absolutely not permissible. Please take a look at Themeforest licence guidelines. https://themeforest.net/licenses
  2. Trying to install X Theme on WordPress.com: In case you are intended to install X Theme on WordPress.com and mistakenly opened up WordPress.org website, then please make sure to unzip the file you downloaded from Themeforest and upload the installable zip archive. Here is a tutorial on installing X Theme.

Please clarify as I am kind of confused with the question.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.