WordPress crashes on plugin activation

Hey there,

I’m currently working on a website in Pro, and every time I attempt to activate Slider Revolution the site crashes and says WordPress has experienced an error. This renders the site unusable until I delete the revslider directory from my plugins.

Another plugin that seems to be having its own share of issues is The Grid. I can’t seem to get it to pull data from any stream source. Both of these plugins work just fine on nearly identical installations using the same settings.

The site the plugins are crashing is https://trustedtreenc.sevenagesdesign.com/

The error log that I’m receiving when I try to activate Slider Revolution is located in the following paste:

https://pastebin.com/kjQ2zqsa

Please let me know if there’s any help that can be provided.

Thank you.

Hi @sevenagesdesign,

Thank you for writing in and for the credentials but it does not work please check.

In the meantime, please increase your PHP memory limit, you can follow the guide provided here.

Cheers!

Sorry about that, and thanks for looking into it! I’ve updated the login credentials in the secure note and will increase the PHP memory limit as soon as I’m able.

Thank you!

Hi @sevenagesdesign,

I tried to login through FTP to check the issue further but the details does not seem to work:

Would you mind double checking so that we can look into it?

For the meantime, the latest supported version of Rev Slider with X and Pro is 5.4.8.3. It would be best to stick with the supported version to avoid compatibility issues.

Also, if you are still starting to use Rev Slider for the site, try uninstalling it and install the version from the X/Pro addons page.

Let us know how it goes.

I’ve updated the secure note to separate SSH info from SFTP info. The Rev Slider version that I’m using is the one that’s provided in the Pro addons page. I’ve also tried other versions, but they all seem to crash the site the same way.

Hello @sevenagesdesign,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

Can you please confirm the login details as I am getting following error message:

Error:        	Authentication failed.
Error:        	Critical error: Could not connect to server

Thanks.

I’ve just used all the provided logins to access WordPress, SSH, and SFTP. Please let me know if this issue persists and I’ll re-create the necessary credentials.

Hi @sevenagesdesign,

Thank you for all those information. I did some research and found out the error is cause by a bad update. Something when wrong on revolution slider update. Please check this similar thread showing the same error, and please apply the fix as suggested. Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.