Rev Slider Fatal Error

Hi Themeco!

I’m having issues with my Rev Slider not activating. I tried to follow along with other support responses for people who had similar issues but our errors weren’t quite the same so I wanted to see if someone on your team could take a look for me :slight_smile:

Here is my code: Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Exception’ with message ‘fetch - Unknown column ‘type’ in ‘where clause’

Query: select * from wp_revslider_sliders where type != ‘template’ OR type IS NULL order by id ASC /* From [drcsite.staging.wpengine.com/x] in [/nas/content/staging/drcsite/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/framework/db.class.php:143] */’ in /nas/content/staging/drcsite/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/framework/functions.class.php:14 Stack trace: #0 /nas/content/staging/drcsite/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/framework/db.class.php(26): RevSliderFunctions::throwError(‘fetch - Unkn…’, -1) #1 /nas/content/staging/drcsite/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/framework/db.class.php(41): RevSliderDB->throwError(‘fetch - Unkn…’) #2 /nas/content/staging/drcsite/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/framework/db.class.php(145): RevSliderDB->checkForErrors(‘fetch’) #3 /nas/content/staging/drcsite/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/slider.class.php(2959): RevSliderDB in /nas/content/staging/drcsite/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/framework/functions.class.php on line 14

I will send login credentials privately, thank you!

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! Upon checking, it seems either your WordPress installation is corrupted or Pro theme files are corrupted. Try to update your WordPress installation first and see if that resolves your issue.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Hi @mldarshana - thank you for responding!

I will try that and see if it helps. If it ends up not being a WordPress corruption issue but a Pro corruption issue, how do I resolve that?

Hello There,

You will need to re install Pro theme. Simply download the latest version from your dashboard (https://theme.co/apex/dashboard) and log in to your ftp. You will need to upload the files manually. For more information how you can do it manually, please see “manual update” section on this page: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

Hello! I have reinstalled WordPress and Pro but that didn’t solve the issue unfortunately.

I just updated the password for the login credentials above so it should let you in - if you could please take a look at the error, that would be great.

Thank you!

Hi There,

I’m sorry but your login credentials are incorrect. Could you please confirm with the correct information, so that we can check your issue.

Thanks!

Okay, I’ve updated the password - please let me know how this works this time. Thank you!

Hi there,

Thank you for providing the information. I checked the error and search the web regarding this and found the answer below which is a similar case:

As the author of the plugin explains it is due to a bad update of the Revolution Slider and the workaround is as follows:

>
this error points to the update process not beeing executed. If you have an own routine to include the Slider Revolution plugin in your themes, it may be that the update process is not called correctly. You may try the following to revslider.php :

Add right before:

add_action('plugins_loaded', array( 'RevSliderFront', 'createDBTables' )); //add update checks
add_action('plugins_loaded', array( 'RevSliderPluginUpdate', 'do_update_checks' )); //add update checks

the following:

$rsv = get_option('rs_version', 0);
if(version_compare($revSliderVersion, $rsv, '>')){
    RevSliderFront::createDBTables();
    RevSliderPluginUpdate::do_update_checks();
    update_option('rs_version', $revSliderVersion);
}

>
we had another theme author with the same problem and this fixed it for the customers there.

Hope it helps.

Hi, thank you for your reply - I think we’re definitely getting warmer but this created more code issues unfortunately :confused: I’m not sure which pieces of information are sensitive and which aren’t so I’m just going to paste the code and errors I’m getting in a secure note.

Is there not a way to get a “not-bad” update of Revolution Slider? And I guess I wonder why it only affects some Pro users and not others?

Thank you for your help with this!
Diamond

Have you tried reinstalling Slider Revolution by going to your plugins folder, delete the revslider and then reinstall Slider Revolution via Pro > Overview?

Bad updates happens because of server glitches and not necessarily caused by the theme.

Thanks.

Hi @xian Yes I have a few times - I can install it fine and when I go to activate it, I get the DB error above and have to go back in with FTP to manually uninstall it.

Are you able to see what is causing this error? I haven’t run into this issue before.

Hi there @Kalberg,

Thanks for the additional information.

Out of interest, in your original post I see you said you was trying to activate Revolution Slider, is this with a purchase code from CodeCanyon, or did you just mean activating the plugin?

Have you ever had an older version of Revolution Slider installed on the site before? This used to be a known issues, but that was for people upgrading from 4.x.x to 5.x.x

Thanks!

HI @Jack - it was just activating the plugin from the Pro Overview screen. The other extensions worked fine but only Rev slider had an issue. I’m not sure if there was a previous version but I doubt it. I’m working on the Staging site on WP Engine and I don’t think it had rev slider before I started working on it.

I think I’ve solved this but I’m just going to explain what I did in case anyone else runs into this:

The ThemePunch workaround wasn’t complete in my case, it may have been for someone else’s issue. In case it’s relevant for anyone else, I’m using a WP Engine Staging site and I know WPEngine has their own unique configuration which can make things a little difficult sometimes. So I kept searching and found this article: https://conschneider.de/fix-revolution-slider-mysql-fatal-error-uncaught-exception-exception-message-fetch/

There was another piece of code I had to add to the revslider.php file based on this article and at first, it looked the error still existed but once I refreshed the page and went to my plugins page, for once it actually worked! Praise Hands

The additional piece of code to add right before the closing tag is
update_option('revslider_table_version', '1.0.0');

This is in addition to the fix posted above by Themeco’s team.

Thank you for all of your help :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing and glad you’ve sorted it out. :slight_smile: