Woocommerce Shop Images Scaled (Not Just Reduced By CSS)

On my shop page https://beachcandyswimwear.com/shop/ , I have my images for the products uploaded at 2400x3600 because of the zoom features to see details on the single product pages. They need to be big.

However on the shop and category pages they only need to be 270x405 because 4 columns and no zoom features. Currently they are just shaped by css so the huge images is loaded for every product on the shop and category pages.

How can I make the actual 270x405 image size load for the shop and category pages? Essentially reducing the load size of the page by a ton!

Hi There @allcal

Thanks for writing in! I have tested your Shop and Category pages and I see that your big images are not loading there.

Make sure to clear your browser cache and re-test your issue again.

Thanks!

According to gtmetrix, the images are not scaled. Why is that?

Hello @allcal,

Thanks for updating in!

WooCommerce crops the uploaded images into the following size: thumbnails and single product image size. You can check the sizes in Appearance > Customize > WooCommerce > Product Images.

You might be interested in this documentation:

And maybe this thread too:

Best Regards.

It was the thumbnails needing to be regenerated. I noticed only half the images were loading the full size images and half were working correctly. All the other settings were already correct.

Thanks!

Hi @allcal,

That can be a caching related too, please clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CloudFlare, and browser’s cache)

Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.