Woocommerce is slowing down the site

Hi there,

I’ve been using the same configuration and plugins on my xtheme site since a year.

I use woocommerce for my payment method only.

The site has been very slow since days and deactivated woocommerce has solve the issue, but now my payment method is not available to customers anymore.

I’ve checked with my server admin and everything is set for woocommerce site on the server.

The Query Monitor plugin show up 3 errrors linked to woocomerce but i don’t how to solve this and if it is the cause of the site being slow.

www.sssphuket.com

Thanks for any help,

Hello @sssadmin,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

I tested website load speed on Pingdom and GTMetrix. Average page load time is around 14.98 s. Here’s test result:

https://gtmetrix.com/reports/www.sssphuket.com/XZCT24u9

In the test results there are bunch of suggestions listed that you can consider to optimize the page load time. However, to get started I suggest you to please take a look at our performance optimization guide that should improve the page load time.

Thanks.

Ok thank you for your answer.

However i am aware of this. My issue being the plugin woocommerce that almost don’t allow the site to be loaded.
When the plugin is disable, everything works fine.

This is where my problem is.

Hi,

Please make sure you have WooCommerce: 3.4.5 installed. That is the latest supported version by the theme

Then try to increase your memory limit by adding the code below in your wp-config.php file.

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M');

Hope that helps

Thank you for helping me. However the problem remain the same after editing this file.

Basically the site run very fast time to time, then at a point it will slow down taking easily 20 second to show one page. Then it can run fast again to slow down later.

As soon as i deactivate Woocommerce plugin, all runs perfectly.

Any ideas?

Hi @sssadmin,

Are you on shared hosting? Any combination of plugins could slow down a site, the solution is giving them enough resources to run smoothly and it just happens Woocommerce is the last one that triggers it since it’s not a simple plugin. And varying performance is one of the traits of a shared hosting. The site shared resources among other sites that aren’t yours but on the same machine. I recommend contacting your hosting provider to see if you can increase the performance a bit or contact Woocommerce developer or community as we’re not sure how Woocommerce uses its resources.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.