Woo check out editor validation and conditional explained

Hi there,

I have read the wiki here about the extension: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/extension-woo-checkout-editor/93
some things are not clear to me yet:
- VALIDATION: how does custom option work?
– Could you make an example with “Enter parent field to validate against” option?
– Does filling a regex string bypass the “Enter parent field to validate against”?

• CONDITIONAL:
    Let’s say a customer is in the checkout page. She is a new customer so she needs to register filling down the form.
    Now, let’s say I want a field (field2) to be shown only if she fills another field (field1) with a specific word (red), so I set the conditional option in field2 as following:
    Enable
    Show field only if "The text" red "is in" field1
    And I leave the 2 “Cart contains” options blank
    Is field 2 supposed to instantly appear when the customer writes “red” in field1?

Thank you. Kind regards

Hi @rubius,

Thanks for reaching out.

The validation only validates the input if it’s correct, example, let’s say you added a field and decided to use it as phone. Then you can use phone validation so if the user input a non-phone number format, it’s going to trigger an error message saying it’s invalid phone number. But this currently isn’t working, could be a bug, I’ll add this to our issue tracker.

And you’re correct about the conditional.

Thanks!

Thank you @Rad for your reply

1. Could you please let me knwo about the "“Enter parent field to validate against” point too?

2. About the conditional: in my tests it’s not working. I also tried changing theme and disabling all the other plugins. Could you check please?

Thanks

Hi @rubius,

I can confirm these issues on my installation. I’ll let you know if I find something. Looks like it’s not compatible with latest Woocommerce anymore.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.