Where to I put the Essential Grid Purchase Code?

Hello,

I have bought Essential Grid yet having it installed via the Pro theme.
There isn’t a registration section as I can see?

How do I register Essential Grid? :slight_smile:

Thank you.

Hi There,

We removed that section, to enable it, please add the following code under functions.php file locates in your child theme:

function x_essential_grid_theme_setup() {
	GLOBAL $EssentialAsTheme;
	$EssentialAsTheme = false;
}
add_action( 'admin_init', 'x_essential_grid_theme_setup' );

Thank you,

Any plan to include this by default?

Hi There,

Not really, because the Essential Grid that comes bundled with X does not require a purchase code, and without removing this option it would keep asking for it and making clients confused.

Hope it clarifies.

Thanks

Hello!

So you are saying that the Essential Grid bundled with Pro is basically a premium product with updates and such?

• Nico Collu

Hello @NicoCollu,

I am assuming that the question is regarding updates. Please note that periodically we keep on updating bundled plugins including Essential Grid so as to avoid potential conflicts while making sure it’s completly compatible with Pro. One of the best place to check for new announcements and supported versions is our changelog and version compatibility page:

https://theme.co/changelog/

Thanks.

Ok, interesting, thank you!

But…, since I was told by LayerSlider that I could buy the Premium version, does that mean this was NOT a product you’d be updating?

Considering I went out and bought it because of this warning.

Do you periodically update LayerSlider, as well?

Hi There,

We always try and upgrade as soon as possible when a new plugin release is made to ensure our customers are using the latest version. This isn’t always possible though, for example, if we submit an update to Envato and our update is in review while a new plugin version comes out, that version would have to wait for our next update.

If a plugin includes any major fixes, for example, a security issue, or a plugin breaking bug that prevents all functionality we update right away.

If a plugin update just includes minor bug fixes or improvements, then generally we wait to bundle that version until our planned update is ready to come out.

Hope this shed some lights.
Cheers!