What is Pro's go-to solution for a multi-lingual site?

I’ve only tried WPML so far, but the translation doesn’t work because it works by letting you edit the page source as seen in WP’s editor, which only shows empty content tags for Pro pages.

Hello Sinan,

Please check this KB article about translations.

Please note that the article about might point out to X but it should the same for Pro.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply, Jade. But translating the theme itself is not my intention. My intention is to translate my own content on my website’s pages.

Hello Sinan,

Thanks for updating the thread.

One solution is to use Google Translate.You can take a look at following Google Search result for some plugins that can be used to setup Google translate. Please click here.

If you would like more flexibility, please take a look at following tutorials.

Thanks.

Thanks for the suggestion, but what I need is the ability to manually translate page content, not to have Google do it for me. The problem is that translation plugins like WPML and Polylang (suggested by the first article you linked) only allow you to do your translation in the text tab of WordPress’ page editor, and Pro-based page content consists exclusively of Pro content shortcodes with nothing of my original writing being directly visible nor editible. Thus, there is nothing to translate.

Do you know of any solution?

Hi,

Try to set WPML > Settings > How to translate posts and pages to Create translations manually.

Then in PRO builder, check in lower right and you should be able to see the flags. You can click on it to translate your page

Hope that helps.

1 Like

That solved it! I was hoping for more native integration; current seems to work only through duplication, but that’s better than having no WPML integration at all.

Thanks.

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.