Website Suddenly VERY Slow

Hello everyone,

I was using Cornerstone to edit text on my website earlier today and all of a sudden I started getting errors when saving. I tried accessing the website to check if the front-end loads correctly (https://looptimize.com/) and that’s when I realized everything is extra slow. It takes minutes to load a page (GTMetrix for example times out if I try to measure site speed with it). I can’t use Cornerstone at all since it seems to time out and not save my changes.

It happened out of nowhere. I checked with Hostgator (where the website is hosted) and they claim the servers are all working as intended (just spent >1h on the chat with a representative). Could you please help me think about what could be wrong here? Are there any dependencies on X The Theme’s side that could be causing my website to slow down so horribly?

Thank you!

Hey @Shuugo,

Performance issues are commonly on the side of the web host that has resource usage limits. This usually is the case in shared hosting environments. Please check with your web host if you have reached the said limit like CPU usage. Take a look at the screenshot below for example:

WordPress memory limit might also be a factor. Please contact your host to increase your allocated memory or you can try doing it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Another factor is if you have multiple editors editing the page, that could also be the cause. It’s best to edit a page one user at a time.

Please do not compare backend load times with frontend as they are totally different. For frontend, please check our Performance guide at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/customizations-performance/210. Just remember that the theme and builder’s frontend output is only a fraction of your overall website frontend load speed. The most important factors like hosting speed, image optimization, etc are beyond our control.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.