Website Loading Slowly

Hi there,

I recently updated a client’s website from X to Pro, and the website is now considerably slower than it was before (from a few seconds load time to sometimes as much as 30 seconds). This issue is apparent on both the viewer-facing site and on the page editor. Is there anything I should be doing to prevent the website from slowing down? I’m using a plugin to cache pages and images. The website can be found at https://brannockandhiattfurniture.com/

Thank you in advance

I am experiencing the same thing with our site, http://catechnology.com so I would love to see the answers.

Also, I loved your site and Brannock & Hiatt, how did you get your DROP DOWN menu to have COLUMNS? I like it a lot.

Frank

@franklozano Thanks! I used UberMenu, which is a plugin that can be found on the Validation page of X/Pro.

Hello @sevenagesdesign,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

I checked the website and ran a speed test on Pingdom. The average load time comes around 6.17 secs. I would suggest you to take a look at our performance optimization guide to speed up the load time.

Regarding Cornerstone running slow, I suggest you to try out following solutions:

1. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  2. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Hello Frank,

Please don’t mind but this is a post although similar is started by a different user. Posting on someone else thread create lot of confusion and slows down the response time. Faster response we encourage users to create a new ticket. In that regards I request you to please create a new ticket and someone from support team will take a look. For more details please take a look at our support handbook. When creating the ticket, please share website URL for us to take a closer look.

Thanks.

Thanks for the quick response! I set up W3 Total Cache with the suggested parameters and it loads so much faster.

We’re glad that your website is now faster.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.